Goodbyes

Shawns POV

A guy in a hoodie comes up. He has four other guys with him. I hand him a bag of pills and weed.

"Where is the coke?" He says

"You never said you were buying it." I say

"I already paid for it! I paid yesterday!" He yells

"Woah! Calm down, I-" Sam says

"No! Someone will pay!" He says as one the guys pull out a gun and I hear loud noise and a shooting pain goes through my body.

Slowly everything goes dark.

Leah's POV

I feel my stomach churn. Like somethings not right.

Leah: hey baby are you alright?

No reply. He always replies. I begin to have a anxiety attack, not just because of Shawn, but also because of this feeling. It's an overwhelming darkness, it's like when you slowly let a fire go out but then you just get sick of waiting so you spray it with the hose.

"Leah! What's happening!" Luke yells. I collapse.

"M-my meds." I say pointing at my purse that sat on his couch. He grabbed it and ruffled through until finding the orange bottle. Ashton got up and grabbed me a water bottle while Jay tried cradling me into calming down. Luke got the bottle open and handed me two pills, I put them in my mouth and drank the water. I slowly calmed down.

"Leah, are you alright?" Luke says looking at me with sad eyes. I shake my head no.

Luke pulls me into his lap and just hugs me. We sit in silence. My phone starts ringing. I grab it.

Nash

"Hey.." He says

"What's up?" I say

"Shawn g-got shot... I don't think he'll make it. It went through his lungs. We're in the hospital." He says.

No. No. He can't be gone. I get up and grab my car keys.

"Leah, you can't drive. I'll drive you." Michael says.

I nod and give him my keys. He drives me to the hospital. I go to the ER I see all of the guys sitting. I feel tears swell up in my eyes. They pour out, Jack gets up and hugs me. Soon enough his family is here, I look at Aaliyah. I walk over and hug her. Soon enough a doctor comes out.

"Shawn didn't make it... You can come and see him, family first please." My heart shatters into a million pieces. I love Shawn. I loved Shawn. I can't believe he's gone. I sit down in horror. I begin to feel tears sting my eyes. Michael just hugs me. I cry. Tears spill

"I'm sorry." Michael says rubbing my back. "I'm going to have the guys come, alright?" He says. I nod and he quickly calls them explaining what happened. Soon enough they come in, they all look at me sadly. I get up and hug Jay. He hugs me back. We stand there for a while.

"Leah, you can go in." Mrs. Mendes says. Me and Luke go in.

"Luke can you wait outside the door?" I say. He nods. I go in and I see his lifeless body. I prayed I'd never have to see this. He was so young. He may have done this to people who did things like this. He was never bad. Shawn didn't deserve this

"Shawn, I love you so much. I always will. You were my first love, first kiss, first time. You're my everything. You gave me some sort of purpose. I love you Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, I always will. In a matter of weeks you gave me an infinity. If I could go back and change anything I wouldn't because it may have been one awful roller coaster but it was ours, and I would never want to change it. So Shawn, I love you." I say. I lean over and kiss his colorless lips. They are chapped but it was still Shawns lips. I put my hand on his and I sit in silence. I get up and leave. I look at Luke and he looks at me with sorrowful eyes.

"Leah, I'm really sorry." He says giving me a tight hug. It just makes me cry harder. We stand there and soon enough we are shooed back to the waiting room. Luke and I took my car back while the others took Ashton's.

I go up to my room and I fall asleep crying. He can't be gone.

"Leah, I know you don't want to but you have to let me go. You can't sulk around. It pains me to see you like that." I look around

"Leah, it's me Shawn." I look infront of me. I hug him "Leah please say 'He's gone and I accept that. I'm not going to sulk.' It's the only way for me to well, pass on." He says

"He's gone. And I accept that. I'm not going to sulk." I say. Shawn kisses my lips and when I open my eyes he's gone.

My eyes flutter open and I see Jay standing in my door.

"Leah, mom and dad are gone, they're plane crashed. They are missing right now, they could still be-" I don't here the rest. Everything I've loved besides my brother is gone. What am I supposed to do? Shawn, my mom, my dad. Gone. I can't take it.

Jay walks over and hugs me "don't cry. They'll come home soon." He says. He smiles softly and holds me.

••••••

T H E  E N D