chapter 6

heyy ok so this has like don't many reads but imma updates anyway coz I'm gonna copy and paste the whole thing onto a word document and keep it coz imma be a author when I'm older :)

it was Monday and I was walking home from school. my bag was heavy with homework , much to my delight. I smiled at nothing particular as the sun shone in my eyes, then faded behind a cloud.

"hey"

I turned around and slapped him as hard as I could.

"aarh what did you do that for?!?!" he shouted.

"you know" I said and turned around to continue walking.

he appeared in front of me. how does he move so fast. I pushed him to the side and walked faster. I couldn't hear his footsteps. yey he'd gotten the message.

when I reached the next tree he was leant against it.

"alright stop doing that! "

"doing what hayley" he said coming close to me.

"don't you dare.."

he ran a finger along my jaw. so irresistible but yet infuriating.

"get off!" I protested.

he snaked his arm around my waist. suddenly I was so hot with anger I kicked him in the shin.

"hailie..." he said.

I started running. I hated him so much. I wanted to be as far away from him as fast as I could. the clouds rumbled above me. great. rain splashed down , not hard, but not helpful. suddenly I realised I was running the wrong way. I ran straight into someone.

"stop running..."

"NOO!" I screamed and ran the other way.

I could hear him running behind me. I turned into an alleyway. the rain was coming down hard. I closed my eyes.

me and mum were in the car. a clap of thunder came. we were counting. "its getting closer" she said nudging me. a lightning bolt made us jump.

the car in front stopped.

mum screeched on the breaks but it was too late.

she was leaned over the steering wheel. blood pouring down her face.

I banged my head on the brick wall behind me. but I couldn't get the image away.

mum? MUM!

"mum.." I murmered . I could see it so clear in my head, the broken glass. people running to the car.

My legs... I can't feel my legs...

I could feel the pain again. and fell to the floor.

an arm wrapped around my shoulder.

"get.off!" I winced

"no Hailie its ok"

'Cam?"

"a boy from your school knocked on the door and said he saw you being chased down the street by some physco, do you want me to call the police?" he said , trying to hide the panic in his voice.

"no." I stuttered. I tried to stand up but my body felt numb.

"an ambulance?"

"no its just cold"

"your soaked with cold rainwater in the middle of November. of course your cold." he smiled.

he helped me up and carried/walked me home.

"what boy knocked on the door?..." I asked sleepily.

"not sure he had blonde hair though. handsome... probably fancied you." he nugded me.

I didn't need to think any more. it wasn't anyone from school . It was him.

Jake