Chapter 6

Marinette walked into the bakery and smiled reassuringly at her parents who looked at her with relief in their eyes.

"Oh, Marinette!" Sabine exclaimed, grabbing her daughter's hand. She guided her to the couch and sat down.

"I was worried sick, honey. I thought you were hurt!" Sabine continued, brushing Marinette's cheek comfortingly.

Marinette relaxed into her mother's touch. True, she should've told her parents what was going on, but she didn't want to waste any time as Ladybug.

"I'm fine, mom," Marinette smiled.

"I know you are," Sabine smiled weakly. "You're my strong little girl."

"Where's Papa?" Marinette asked curiously, noticing he wasn't there.

"Right here," Tom suddenly chimed, appearing from the hallway that connected to the upstairs of the apartment. "I was just checking the news broadcast upstairs. The damage is unreal. Thankfully, no one is seriously hurt."

"Oh," Marinette mumbled. She was hoping that no one was hurt, but Ladybug can't always ensure the safety of everyone, even though she wished she could. Still, it could've been worse. There could've been lives lost.

Marinette then yawned and stretched her muscles. "I'm gonna head upstairs and get some sleep."

"Alright dear," Sabine said, kissing her on the forehead. "Let us know if you need anything."

"Okay," Marinette smiled before hugging Tom. He patted her back comfortingly and then Marinette proceeded up the steps to her room.

Once Marinette got into her room, she closed the door and flopped onto her bed with a sigh. Tikki flew out of her purse.

"Marinette, what's wrong?" Tikki asked.

"I just wish no one was hurt," Marinette mumbled.

"It's not your fault," Tikki said, flying up and landing on her shoulder. "Those kids were probably hurt when Rock-Man first entered the school."

"I know," Marinette said, staring at the floor. "I just can't help but feel responsible. Ladybug is supposed to protect everyone. How credible can I be if those kids got hurt today?"

"It could be a lot worse," Tikki reminded. "Just keep your head up, okay?"

Marinette smiled weakly. "Okay."

*

No.

Adrien moved his mouse to place the Ladybug mask over Marinette's face probably a thousand times.

Plagg groaned, floating beside his head. "Seriously? What's the point of this?"

"Can't you see it, Plagg? Marinette is Ladybug," Adrien said, biting his lip as he continued placing the mask over the picture of Marinette.

"You've been doing this nonsense for hours," Plagg complained. "Give it up already and give me cheese!"

Adrien spun around in his chair and stared at Plagg. He raised an eyebrow. "Are you telling me you don't see it? Even I'm shocked. And I hadn't figured it out for years!"

Plagg narrowed his eyes, studying the picture of Marinette with the Ladybug mask over her face. His expression relaxed after a few minute of studying the picture. "Nope," he replied boringly.