Chicken Noodle- Brendan Gallagher

You had been taking care of Brendan while he had a nasty cold. It was a week of waiting on him and cuddling on the couch. He refused to let you kiss him, he didn't want you to get sick. Eventually, you just stopped caring and did it anyway. Now you were paying the price and it was his turn to cater to your every need. 

You were three days in, laying on the couch and binge watching How I Met Your Mother. Your nose was red and runny, and your hair matted in different directions. Brendan had practice today so he had been gone for a few hours. You hear the door to your apartment open followed by a voice.

"Baby? Are you okay? Are you feeling any better?" He calls, walking towards you on the couch. You sit up, blanket draped around you. You sniffle before answering him.

"No, but my head hurts." He kisses your head before running to the bathroom, grabbing some advil and then a bottle of water from the kitchen. He sits next to you, handing you the advil and opening the bottle of water.

"Are you hungry? Can I make you some soup?" You nod your head. "Chicken noodle?"

"Yes, please." You mentally scoff at how needy you sound, but you know he doesn't care. He runs off to the kitchen, making your soup and bringing it back to you, making sure you wait a little before eating it because it was hot.

As you sip at the hot soup, you see Brendan taking out his phone and snapping a picture of you.

"No, no, no, delete that!" You weakly reach across the couch to try and grab his phone, but he stands and walks across the room.

"But you look adorable" He pouts, but then continues. "If you let me keep it, I'll watch How I Met Your Mother with you all day." You give him a stern look before he tries to compromise more, "I'll play with your hair."

You give in, motioning for him to come back over to you. He sits on the couch and you lay next to him, your head in his lap. He begins playing with your hair and you hum at the warm, fuzzy feeling it gives you. Hours go by and your position doesn't change. You had gone through almost an entire season since and the sun had gone down long before.

"Babe?" You say, grabbing his attention. He murmurs, hand stroking your head. "We should probably go to bed, it's getting late." He agrees, getting up. You begin to stand but he stops you, scooping you up and carrying you to your shared bedroom, bridal style. "God, I love you."

"I love you, too." He chuckles lightly and kisses your forehead. He maneuvers you through the bedroom door and somehow pulls back the covers without dropping you. He places you on the bed and crawls in next to you, spooning you with his head in your neck. 

"Remind me to make some slap bets with Chucky." He says, before you both drift off to sleep.

A/N: Short little BGally fluff. Hope you enjoy!