Simple- Andre Burakovsky

[Simple (adj.)- easily understood or done; presenting no difficulty.]

Our relationship was not simple.

It was not normal or conventional and if I'm being honest it started as just sex. A one night stand that just kept happening until we decided we were acting like horny teenagers and that we could either try to date for real or just be friends without the benefits.

Of course, the benefits were too great to stop so we opted for the first option. We've been on four official dates. Dinner, a walk in the park, a movie marathon at his apartment, and a New Years Eve party with some of his friends from the team.  The further into the relationship we got, the more his romantic side came out.

Date number five is coming soon but he refuses to tell me where we're going. All he will tell me is that I should dress warm and bring long socks. It sounds much more mysterious coming from him though.

-

"Andre, do I really have to wear a blind fold?" He didn't answer me, he only chuckled and kept walking. I felt ridiculous. He was leading me through a building like he was my seeing eye dog. I trust him, but I'm clumsy enough when I can actually see where I'm going. We had taken a few stairs and he had to carry me because I almost fell flat on my face.

He opened the final door and I was instantly chilly. It felt as if we had just gone back outside, but much less windy. He took off my blind fold and I instantly froze, looking at the Verizon Center. The clean, empty ice rink in front of me and the thousands of stadium seats waiting for the next home game for butts to fill them. The lights were set low, with red, white, and blue star lights showering the ice. It was absolutely breathtaking and I wonder how he pulled it off. I mean he is a Washington Capital but I didn't think he could make all of this happen so out of the blue.

"What do you think, Y/N?" he asked with his arm around me, looking down at me with a big smile on his face.

"It's... it's beautiful but this is just too much."

"I think it's perfect. And it's extra special since this place isn't empty a lot. Perfect time to... skate around a bit." He held up skates for me and I noticed his were resting on the bench next to him.

"Oh no. That's not happening. I don't skate."

"Do you not know how?" I looked down at my feet, just a bit embarrassed that I was dating a professional hockey player and I had never set a foot on the ice. At least, not since I was eight. "I'll teach you. It'll be fun, I promise."

I smiled nervously up at him, taking the skates from him and sitting to put them on. I stood slowly, making sure not to fall. He helped me onto the ice and held onto my arms.

"What you're gonna do is push yourself off with one foot and keep going in a sort of, I don't know how to explain this. Like a, a V shaped kind of motion." He stumbled over his words, probably never having to teach someone to skate before.

"So, kind of like rollerblading but on ice?"

"Yeah, exactly!" He was excited I understood what he was trying to explain. But then his face looked confused. "Wait, you know how to roller blade but not how to ice skate?"

"Well, rollerblading doesn't cost ten dollars an hour plus skate rental." I giggled and he chuckled, understanding what I was saying to him.

"Okay, when you're ready for me to let go just nod." I took a deep breath and nodded at him so he would let go. I tried my hardest to skate across the ice, Andre skating next to me, but I only got half way to the goal before tripping, Andre quickly reaching out to catch me. We skated around a bit longer and I began to get the hang of it. Andre disappeared for a few minutes before coming back with two hockey sticks and some pucks.

"So now we're gonna see if you can score some goals. Empty net of course." He handed me a stick and I smirk before making a sassy comeback.

"What? You don't think I could score on you?"

"Oh I know you could. But I don't have pads or a goalie mask." He smiled, kissing my face all over, making me laugh. I pushed him away, his affections making my cheeks bright red.

Andre taught me a lot about playing hockey that I didn't know before. Granted I would never be even half as good as he was, but I did get a few goals in. He was very proud of me. But, eventually I got tired and my legs started to hurt. We left the ice and he took me into the locker room, giving me a "tour". Honestly, we just took a long, steamy shower together and had to try really hard to refrain from having sex all over the locker room.

Once we were finished with our locker room shenanigans, Andre made me close my eyes again and stand in the locker room. It was a bit weird because I was practically naked standing in the middle of a men's locker room, but it was worth it.

"Okay, open your eyes." I did as he said and opened my eyes to see a beautiful, lacy black dress and matching black stilettos. "Wait, there's more." He hung up the dress in his little space before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a long, black box. He opened it and revealed a beautiful diamond necklace.

"Oh, Andre. this is too much. What is all of this even for?" I looked at everything in awe, not believing he got all of it for me. The necklace alone was probably over a hundred bucks. This was all too much and I was a bit overwhelmed.

"Well, my family is in town. And we're meeting them for dinner. And I know we technically just started dating but we've been together for a while and I would love for you to meet them." He looked so adorable, shooting me a puppy dog face to persuade me. His big brown eyes making me melt and give in instantly.

"I would love to meet your family." I kissed him passionately before walking into the bathrooms and looking in the mirror. My make up was absolutely horrendous from the steam of the shower we took and I prayed that I hadn't taken my emergency make up out of my purse. There was no way I could leave here looking this way, especially not to meet my boyfriend's family. I splashed water on my face to try to get it off but it just made it worse.

"Hey babe, could you bring me all of the stuff and my purse? I look like a raccoon." I heard him mutter how I looked fine two seconds ago and then he stopped dead in his tracks after seeing my face and he couldn't hold back his laughter. I tried to be upset that he was laughing but his laughter was contagious. He handed me my purse and I looked through it. I had everything I needed. Make up wipes, eye liner, mascara, and foundation.

After redoing my makeup and getting dressed, I walk back to Andre. This time I stop in my tracks, taking in my drop dead gorgeous boyfriend in a full suit. I've seen him dress up before but I could never get used to the feeling it gave me. I don't think I'll make it through the night. He looks at me and I see his jaw drop slightly.

"Oh this is going to be a long, hard night," he says, walking toward me and taking me into his arms, squeezing my butt and kissing my neck.

"Hey, neck sucker!" I said, moving my neck away from his amazing lips. "As much as I loooove your lips on me, I don't need hickeys all over my neck when I meet your parents."

"Fine, but I didn't prepare myself for how good you'd look in this dress so you need to prepare yourself for what I'm going to do to you later." He smacked my ass, making me squeak, and kissed me on the lips before taking my hand and leading me out of the locker room.

-

Dinner was amazing. His family is the best family of all of my boyfriends. Alexandra and I are practically best friends already and Anna told Andre that if he didn't marry me, so that we could be sisters, she wouldn't talk to him for a whole year. To which he responded "Well, if I don't marry her someday I might go insane." He tried to say it quietly but I had heard anyway. It made my stomach do flips and blood rush to my cheeks, all the while his hand never let go of mine, unless it was to rest it on my thigh.

Once we got back to his apartment, and checking to make sure we were alone, he did exactly as he said he would do. What we had both wanted all day.

Our situation may not have been simple, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.