7~Playing Wingman~7

You smiled as you turned to pay for the teas you and Eunji ordered. While you two were still acquaintances, you two managed to get along pretty well when there wasn't comfortable silences. Eunji refused to let you pay, but you quickly tapped her other shoulder while she wasn't looking, giving you the opportunity to slip the necessary change to the employee. She turned back and widened her eyes at you, puffing out her cheeks. You smiled and nudged her, tilting your head towards a table. you both sat down and you quickly pushed loose hair out of your eyes, looking at her.

"Eunji?"

"Hm?"

Eunji looked up and hummed as she was taking a sip of her tea. You felt that heaviness in your heart, and you couldn't figure out why, but you wanted to help Eunji, or at least work things out between her and Taehyung. "Why do you like Taehyung so much?"

She flushed, almost choking on her tea as she stumbled over her words. "I thought he was really handsome and nice. He always talked and tried to make you smile even though you were anti-social. He wanted to see you happy, he-"

Eunji paused, looking at the table. "I guess I never stood a chance anyways." She said quietly with a smile. You furrowed your eyebrows. "What?"

Her brown eyes met yours, and she wore a sad smile on her features. "You need to figure out that part for yourself. Put the puzzle together, you know?" Puzzle? What was she talking about. You just simply nodded, taking another sip of your tea as you pulled your phone out of your pocket, checking the time. "We should start walking back now before classes start up again."

Eunji nodded and stood up. "I'd feel bad if I made you late. Come on."

You two exited the shop, and the faint scent of rain hit you. The aroma slightly calmed your nerves as you and Eunji walked, until she seemed to tense up. "What's wrong?" You asked, concerned for her. She bit her lip and titled her head behind her shoulder quickly. You tried to look behind you nonchalantly, only to see Taehyung walking towards you two, head down. You squeezed Eunji's hand comfortingly as you turned back around when Taehyung put his head up. You heard more footsteps behind you, gradually picking up the pace before you suddenly felt your tea taken out of your hand.

"Tae!" You whined as he skipped in front of you, taking a sip of your tea through the straw, making you flush slightly. "I paid for that!"

Taehyung grinned as he took another sip. "Hey, I really like jasmine tea. Good choice." He quickly ruffled your hair as he wore his grin. Eunji stayed silent, refusing to say anything. You cleared your throat awkwardly. "So, Eunji. I really like how your hair looks today!"

"Hm? Oh! Thank you ____." She said quickly, laughing nervously. "Don't you think she has pretty skin, Taehyung? You guys would look really great together."

Silence.

That deep slow beating of your heart seemed to get louder and more painful.

Taehyung wore a straight face. Eunji stayed silent. You all walked in silence as you felt your face flush. "I'm gonna go. I'm meeting up with Naeun before my math period." Eunji said quietly, waving at you before running ahead to catch up with a girl in the distance.

"Sorry." You mumbled to Taehyung, who shrugged. "Don't worry about it. It's just how you feel."

No its not.

"I got really ahead of myself."

Taehyung suddenly chuckled, looking at you with a soft gaze. "Can I have another sip?" He asked, smiling a bit. You nodded and handed him the tea. "This is the closest I'll ever get to what would make me happy." He mumbled under his breath, but you weren't listening that carefully. "What did you say?"

"Nothing. Thank you."

You walked in comfortable silence, picking small flowers off of bushes as you went. Taehyung raised an eyebrow at you before you lightly put a white daisy on his head, trying to carefully place the other flowers into your coat pocket. Taehyung took the flower off of his head and looked at it for a while, not letting go of it. 

When you got back to school, you had different classes at that point, so you had to go separate ways. You were about to walk away before Taehyung grabbed your wrist softly. You look back at him, not noticing some of the small flowers flying out of your pocket as you stared at him.

"I..."

Taehyung bit his lip before he chuckled. "I wanted to know if I could hear you sing after work." Your face flushed. "Only if I can hear yours." You mumbled, not looking away. He looked at the ground, smiling as he nodded. "Its a deal."

He let go of your hand and stuck his hands into his pockets, walking away from you.

Kim Taehyung, you're an interesting person.