Original Edition - Chapter 2: Shotgun

Start from the beginning

"Please! Please, I mean no harm, please don't kill me," I cried out.

"Levi don't do this, you don't want her blood on your hands," a tall man with dark hair, almost black, and brown eyes like chocolate pleaded. He looked at me frantically then back at Levi, who was shooting daggers at me with his silver eyes. "Levi, please."

Levi clenched his jaw. "She's going to die anyways, she won't survive the turn. I mean, just look at her! She's a black and blue skeleton as it is."

I winced at his words. I winced then I got angry. I felt a bubble of anger surface. Anger that I hadn't allowed to take charge for so long now. But not anymore. "How dare you!? You don't know a thing about me! Not one damn thing! I don't know what this 'turn' thing is you're going on about, but I can tell you that I haven't fought for so long to just die now. Not after everything."

My own words seemed to shock me as they did the two men in the room. The black-haired man in the room was staring intensely at Levi, who was in turn, staring at me with silver eyes that seemed to churn like a storm.

"Girl, believe me, I'd be doing you a favor."

"Levi," the black-haired man said while placing a hand cautiously on Levi's shoulder.

A growl erupted from Levi's chest causing the black-haired man to hiss and bare his long white fangs to Levi, who looked like he was about to explode from all the anger building up in him.

Fangs. He had fangs.

"What the hell?!" I gasped out and scooted myself further to the edge of the bed.

The black-haired man quickly closed his mouth and gave me an apologetic glance before stepping closer to Levi, who seemed to be brooding, gun still pointed at me with a labored breath. "Levi, what's there to lose? A month of your time? Compared to the lifetimes we will live? Please, don't do this."

Levi whipped his head back to the man and let out a hot breath while slowly lowering his gun. "Fine. But this is on you. Do you understand?"

The man nodded as Levi started to march out of the room. He looked back over his shoulder and said, "Wait, we need to tell her. You have to show her."

"Show me what?" I looked between the two men quickly.

The black-haired man sat on the bed a few safe feet away from me. He gave me a small smile filled with kindness and for the first time, it looked like I saw a bit of hope. "What you're going to become."

"If she lives," Levi growled out.

The man shot his friend a look before turning back to me. "What's your name?"

I clung the pillow closer to my torso and swallowed down my fear. They were going to kill me, not right away at least. "Charlotte."

He smiled gently again and sighed. "Charlotte, do you remember what happened to you? The attack?"

I nodded. I remembered all too well.

"Charlotte, tell me. Tell us what you saw," the black-haired man gently prodded.

I bit my lip and tried to be brave. What people don't realize about things like this, is they are much more terrifying in your mind. A place where the situation can be turned into the vilest poison. "There was a man and these two dogs, wolves. They were huge."

"And?"

I looked up as Levi decided to plop into a brown wicker chair with a red and white polka-dotted cushion. His eyes were still on me, burning through the strong facade I had put up.

I let out a shaky breath and met the black-haired man's eyes. "They attacked me. I tried to run. There was another man, but he was gone before I knew what was happening." I blinked back tears that were starting to pool at the edges of my eyes. "They tried to rape me. They were so close to raping me."