Original Edition - Chapter 2: Shotgun

Start from the beginning

I had to leave. I had to get out and get out of this crazy place.

I started to lift myself up. My leg was throbbing in pain, but I didn't care. I couldn't stay here.

"You can't go," Derek said.

"I can't... Listen, thank you for helping me, but I don't think that your help will be necessary anymore."

Derek ran his hands through his hair while I flopped around like a seal as I tried to get out of the bed. I twisted the wrong way on my leg and a sharp pain sliced right through me. I hissed before my voice turned into a whimper.

"Shit, don't do that. You'll open the wound back up," Derek groaned. Before I could blink, he was situating me back in bed and adjusting my pillow so I could sit upright. "You can't go anywhere like that. Especially now. You're going to need our help."

"Your help, she's your responsibility," Levi barked out.

Derek hissed at him again. "And she will need you too. Do not forget that you owe me."

Levi rolled his eyes and muttered a curse under his breath. Apparently, whatever was going to happen to me was going to be some sort of a high-maintenance project.

"Are you saying that I am turning into some sort of dog?"

"A wolf, we're not dogs," Levi growled.

I jumped back into my pillow a little more and pulled the covers closer to me. He growled. Like really growled. Like the beasts that had attacked me last night.

"Levi, why don't you show her? She won't believe us otherwise."

"Show me what?" I breathed out.

Levi muttered more curses as he stood and started taking his clothes off. I felt panic surge within me as images of my attempted rape came to mind; golden eyes with a sickening smile staring down at me like I was a large piece of chocolate cake. I whimpered a bit and tried to scoot back more into the pillows, away from these two men.

"Shit, I didn't realize, I'm sorry Charlotte, but he has to," Derek said while moving in front of me, blocking my view from Levi who standing half nude in the center of the room.

"Why? What the hell do you two want?!"

"I don't what to shred my clothes. I really like those jeans," Levi mused while looking back at the pile bunched together near the chair he previously sat in.

"Wha–What?"

Cracking.

There was cracking and breaking as his body began to quickly contort into sickening directions. I felt bile rise in my throat at the sight. At the sight of hair that sprouted through skin, at the sight of sharp teeth that were peaking out from his lips, and at the sight of his head that was starting to contort into a muzzle.

Before I could blink again, he had changed. He changed into a large black wolf; black with bits of gray peeking through.

He was huge; larger than your average wolf, almost the size of a damn horse it seemed like. He looked back between Derek and I, almost with an expression that seemed annoyed. He was clearly cramped in the room that did not give him enough space to really move around.

He took a step towards us, his muscles rippling beneath the fur. He was older, but he was in incredible shape.

What the hell has he been eating?!

He came closer to us. Calculating eyes assessing my small form that was sunk as deep as it was allowed into the bed. A rumble came from his chest and a whimper escaped from my mouth. I would not stand a chance against a predator like him.