Chapter 23 // Consider Yourself Warned

Start from the beginning

   “Will you guys act like your own age?” Butch said smirking. I only rolled my eyes and Kaoru did the same.

   “Copycat” I mumbled. She cupped her ear and brought it close to me, “Eh? What was that? I can’t hear you~” She mocked.

   Why this little—

   “Where’s Usa by the way?” Brick asked. I stopped fighting with Kaoru.

   “Now that you mention it, where is that girl?” Kaoru says

   “I have no clue”

***

//Usa’s POV

   Ah~Ah I need to hurry up and go to the lunch hall.

   I was in the washroom washing my hands. I was late because Miss Keane asked for my help to bring some paper in the faculty. I never got the chance to say anything to the guys before I go; Miss Keane was in a hurry.

   I dried my hands with a paper towel and looked at my reflection. I sighed. I only have a few months left before I vanish again. Seriously, what am I doing? Stupid people keep getting in my way! Villains and rubbish should just stay outta’ the way.

   Much to my anger, the washroom’s mirror broke in front of me. The mirror cracked. I need to finish my mission in order to live again. Failure to this mission is like wishing you wanted to die instead…

   I sighed. But how? Finding the ‘perfect one’ isn’t that easy at all. I guess we’ll have to see what happens to this mission of mine. A mission that looks so impossible. And If I did fail…I guess I’ll just have to accept the fact that I should be long dead.

   I walked alone in the deserted hallway. Everyone was having lunch outside and only few students were walking around.  As I was about to make a left someone bumped into my shoulder and kept on walking. My, how rude! I decided to just let it go, it seems like she was hurrying but my intentions changed as soon as I saw a folded paper on the floor. Maybe it was hers.

   “Hey you! You dropped some—“ I tried grabbing her shoulder but she grabbed my wrist and gripped it tightly. She did that without looking at me. She was gripping my wrist while she had her back facing me.

   “What the hell? Can you please let go? I’m just giving back something you dropped” I said annoyed. I tried getting out of her death grip but it was worthless. What’s with this girl?

   “Don’t you lay your filthy hands on me, fourth puff.”  She said her voice cold. I got goosebumps all over my body with her tone. She finally lets go of my hand and continued walking.

   “Uh hey this letter—“

   “—is not mine” She continued for me and walked away. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but just shrugged. But realization hit me, my eyes widened and I quickly turned back to face her but she was long gone.