The Glowing Flower

Once upon a time there was a kingdom. The king and queen couldn't have a child... Not until The queen became pregnant with their princess. Close to the birth of the child there were some complications. The king sent out his best knights to retrieve the Golden Flower that could cure his wife. At the same time an old witch would use this same Golden Flower to give her youth again.
The knights found the flower and hurriedly went back to the kingdom where the Queen ingested the flower. Giving the powers of the Golden Flower to their baby.

That night the old witch found that the flower had been dug up. She found her way into the castle late at night. What she saw was a little girl with bright blonde hair. It dawned on her that this little girl was indeed the flower. She scooped the baby up in her arms and quickly escaped but not without making a sound.

The king and queen hurried into the princess's nursery to find that she was missing. The king immediately called for all of his guards to search high and low for the child but there was no luck. Grief stricken from not being able to find their child each year on her birthday the king and queen and the kingdom would send up lights hoping that one day she will come home.