Part 9 - Back to the Present

It was last night finally that Maya had finally accepted in her mind that she was finally falling in love with this man, Rohan who she had met up almost 8 months ago. And having slept much later than 3 a.m, she could not wake up on time, and was thus running late today. This was quite unlike Maya, who almost always reached office by 9 am! The first to swipe in her ID card! And today, as she walked to the bus stand, she glanced at her watch. 10.30! There were a few messages she knew because her phone kept beeping all the while. She decided to look at the phone once she is able to hop on to the bus. 

The bus arrived and she got in. It was quite empty, as it was beyond office-goers' regular time. She thanked God for finding her a seat. The distance to her office was hardly a few kilometers and she would usually reach office within ten minutes of getting the bus. And today she was tired as well as late. She was stressed. So finding a place to sit felt like a well-wrapped gift. 

She opened her phone's message inbox, and was shocked to see there were 10 texts! This was so unlike her other days, because she hardly had people in her social circuit. Except the messages from bank, and other promotional texts, she hardly got any messages. As soon as she saw the sender, she smiled. But again started to wonder, why Rohan would send as many as 10 messages... What was so urgent or important...

She saw the first message, and the second, and third... Each message seemed long. She was completely baffled. She decided she would need to read each one of them slowly and carefully. Her stop was nearing, she got up from her seat, and then got off at the stop. She looked around herself, then slowly went to the seat on the bus stop, meant for waiting travelers. She sat there. And started reading his messages. Office could wait, she told herself. 

1. Hi Maya, I am unable to sleep... Its close to 2.30! I want to desperately speak with you, but I also know this is not a good time to talk. You may have slept. Even if not, I am trying hard to not call you because this is not what you want! So, here I am, trying to toss and turn. Thinking of you... :) 

2. Maya, 2.55! Sleep still eludes me. And you have slept. So obviously I won't call you. But that does not mean I can't text you.. At least I know you would read my texts when you wake up.. Ya, so I don't know why I am messaging you but I am just thinking of you... Am I a little weird? Yes I guess so. But what do I do? I have never felt this way about any other girl thus far! YOU ARE SPECIAL MAYA... <3

3. Okay now... Maya, I tried hard. But I am unable to sleep. 4 am it is! I have been re-playing the entire evening. Thanks for the beautiful evening Maya. Maya, by the way, I love your name.. Maya... It is a maya-jaal for me ;) Lol.. I am getting wound up in it, man! What do I do? 

4. Oh wait.. Nothing, I want to do nothing about it... I am happy to get wound up in your maya-jaal... I am completely mesmerized by you, and I am happy about it. You make my world go round. 

5. Maya, don't start wondering I am drunk. It is almost 5 am! I am unable to get you out of my mind. This is ridiculous, this is horrible! I am horrible.. Sorry! 

6. Okay listen, I am going to seriously try to sleep now. I promise. 

7. 6 am! Shit! What have you done to me?

8. 6.30 am!!! I hate you Maya! You are making a school-boy out of me. You are some magician. I am completely lost in you. Okay, now, I am sane. Don't think I have lost it. But, I need to say something to you. And though you are not reading my texts now... when you do, I want you to read and understand and feel what I am saying. Don't just start going hyper about things. Read what I am trying to say, slowly and carefully. Okay? You promise? Good.. you are a good girl.. 

9. Its 8 am! I waited for you to reply, because you usually wake up by 6.30 or so right? Anyways... here's what I wanted to say..Maya, I have nothing to hide. And after all that I told you yesterday, now I am indeed an open book. One thing remaining to be told.. and that is what i am going to tell you. Don't, don't jump to conclusions! Remember you promised in the previous msg that you will be slow and careful in reading my words?? I... Maya, I... wanna meet you today for dinner! Proper dinner! please?

10. Maya!!! it is 10 am! You have not yet replied to my messages! Should I assume you are angry for the untimely messages? Sorry about it... Or wait, something about the dinner date that went wrong??? Oh no, Maya how would I know unless you tell me?? Please call me.. or message me!!! I have been waiting, all night! Literally! But you haven't replied till now! Please reply! Please!!!!! 

By the time Maya finished reading the messages, she was smiling, and blushing. She even laughed aloud after reading the last text! Rohan was such a child, at times!! She was literally smiling away, as she dialed 'Rohan Nath' from her phone, and waited to hear his mesmerizing voice.