Chapter 3: Lizzie

Once I touched the sand I turned into my human form. No I wasn't naked! We my tailed turned into a skirt of a dress. Let me tell you how us "dark mermaids" look like. We don't like showing a lot of skin so we look like the mermaid on the pink salmon can but navy blue or black. Since my mom is a "light mermaid" some of my scales are neon colors. So my human form is a strapless black dress with some neon. One way to tell if someone is a merperson is that the top part of there dress is their skin. OK I'll stop rambling. "Sorry it took so long I got stopped again". "Ugh. Are you sure you don't want me to eat them? I can bring my pack since we've been strangely craving fish". By the way, Lizzie is a werewolf. "No. I'll just be proving them right about us being dark". "Fiiiine" Lizzie groaned. "Listen, today is EXTRA special because I found this diary!" "I am not the kind of werewolf who is a snoop. You know that" "Not just any diary, the first mermaids diary" "Ebony do you know what this means?" "This can clear up the entire race of deep sea merpeople's name?" "I was gonna go with I don't care, but whatever" " I've heard enough! You either stole that or my you are lying to this human" The royal guard declared. "First of all you are a CREEP! Second of all I am not a human! Lizzie said. The creepy guard gasped. "You are a dark mermaid too?!" "Last time I checked mermaids didn't have furry ears on their head and and a furry tail on their butt!" Then he had the nerve to whisper in her ear, very loudly, in front of and say. "You're friends with a dark mermaid!!?" "Shut up you misguided FISH!" Lizzie yelled. "How dare you. You MUST be a dark mermaid. I'm taking you to King Triton!" Before I say what happened next let me share with you a little 101 on werewolves. It's better to be punched then slapped because werewolves obviously have paws. They have super strength. So there is a 65% chance of you getting a mild concussion. I know that may seem worse, but trust me. Super strength plus class is worse even if you don't get a concussion. Sorry, back to the story. Lizzie punches him, but since he is so hard headed he didn't even get a concussion. "I live on LAND which means I'm a werewolf which means YOU are not taking ME anywhere!" "You sly m-m-MUTT" he said. Congrats, he is now officially the DUMBEST living thing in the whole sea! After he said that fangs came out of two empty places in her mouth which if you saw her you would probably think they were knocked out teeth. "Calm down. If you kill him, every light merperson is going to think it's me no matter what you say." I pulled out this hunk of junk out of my bag that merpeople see as a fish phone. Humans invented phones that met the basic needs of a merperson, and more. So while light merperson has a shell phone 10 (which isn't even out yet) us "dark merpeople" have to have a phone that meets the basic needs of a fish or no phone at all.
OK I'm sorry I keep interrupting. So I call my mom. The royal guard says "What are you do-" but I cut him of with a finger that means wait a minute. "Hey mom can you please come to the surface?" Silence "Because this guard thinks I stole the diary" silence "OK thanks!" Five minutes later my mom shows up and says "Hi what's the problem?" "You're-You're a normal mermaid. "Define normal for me." It gave joy to me to see him stutter. My mom sighed and then said. "Listen my daughter did not steal it she found it and - oh- oh no you did NOT! Is that a recording device I see on her FOOT?" I looked at my foot and there was indeed a recording device on my foot. "Remove it right now!" "I love your mom" Lizzie whispered "Me too" I whispered back. As he took it of my foot I was obviously tempted to kick him, but I didn't. When he left my mom said "You girls OK?" "Yeah" we said in unison. "Well I have to go finish dinner. Ebony I want you home by 8:30." "I will. See ya mom." "Bye Mrs. Cora" "See ya girls". "So tell me more about this diary"