Chapter one

His knees wobbled as he slowly stumbled forward. His breath was laboured and his knuckles were white with the amount of strain he was putting on them.

He tripped forward and started to fall. I flinched forward, wanting to do something other than just sit here. I knew I couldn't. I knew I could just stay put as the nurse caught him.

"I-I don't n-need your help! I-I can d-do it! I can do it, I can, I can, I swear!" He croaked, trying to gently push her off.

"Just try again." Her voice tried to assure him. It was sickening, like overly sugary honey.

My hands untensed as I let out a deep breath. I need to help him but the most I can do is mentally help.

I was there when he was going through his come downs. I was there when he was up nights crying. I was the one holding his hand when he was told he might never walk again.

He was so scared. I couldn't stand looking at him in that state.

"Sasha!" a voice called, stapping me out of my thoughts. My head snapped towards the voice.

I looked down, with soft eyes, at Tyrone. He sat in a wheelchair, his eyes holding fatigue and defeat.

"We still have time before I have to go and get my medication. Wanna go to the hospital cafe and get a hot chocolate?" He said, his smile only partially genuine.

I smiled at his attempt to make us both feel better. I happily sighed and walked around him to push him.

"I'm proud of you. You did well today." I mumbled to him, smiling brightly as his head bowed, knowing he was blushing.

"To the elevator!" He said pointing upwards. We both burst out in childish giggles.

This was good. This was distracting us, for the most part, from the shit happening around us.