"Nora?", I shouted, getting no reply.

I stood up and walked to the door. Looking through her tense shoulders, I froze in my place.

What was he doing here?

Nora stood by the door frame, her mouth partly opened in shock.

"Hey", he smiled at me and eyed Nora who still hadn't said a word, "You ready ?", he asked me casually with a nod. Nora turned to look at me with a look of pure shock.

I stood there looking at both of them and went and stood next to him. I felt the warmth radiating from his body through his white polo t-shirt.

"Nora. He-he is Ryan. My uh-"

"Boyfriend?", she finished me. I purposefully avoided eye contact and murmured a yes.

"Excuse us Ryan, will you?", she snapped out of her trance and dragged me to the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew him before?", she whisper-screamed, eyeing the hallway from which we just walked in.

"Before? What do you mean? You knew him before?".

"Umm. Kind of, yes" , she laughed nervously. I looked at her and raised my eyebrows, giving her a care-to-explain look.

She sighed. "Do you remember the guy from the office I told you about? Blue suit? Greek God?", my mouth fell open as I remembered her vivid description of the guy her boss was trying to flirt with.

She cringed. "In my defense, I didn't know he was your boyfriend", she said and was shocked when I broke into laughter.

"You said you wanted to meet him, right?"

"Well not like this I mean -", she was cut off by him.

"May I come in ladies? I left my jacket in my car and it's kind of cold outside".

"Shit. He is still standing out", she ran to the door with me hot in her heels.

"Sorry about that. Come on in", she moved aside. I stood near the stairs watching my extremely interesting toes to avoid meeting his eyes and creating an awkward scene .

"Is that all, babe?", he asked looking at the two bags.

Oh c'mon dude. Seriously? Babe?

Apparently Alice told him everything. I gave him a tight smile.

"Yes", before I bent down to take them but he beat me to it and he grabbed them and carried them both out as if it weighed nothing. Nora and I stood in awkward silence, glancing at each other when he came back in.

He came to stand beside me and pulled me into a one-arm hug, casually snaking an arm around my waist. He did so naturally, one would think we had been dating for years. That put a smile on Nora's face.

"Nora, right?", she nodded .

"Shit Sorry. Nora, Ryan. Ryan, Nora ", I did the customary introduction and stood there while they shook hands.

"Nora, I know what I'm asking of you. It must be hard for both of you. Trust me I tried. I just couldn't stay away from her", he gripped me tight and gave me a smile and continued, "we are just a phone call away. If you guys want to meet, just say the word. Okay?", she nodded, smiling.

"I will be waiting outside", he kissed me on the forehead, gave Nora a polite nod and went out, closing the door behind him. Nora had a shit-eating grin all the while.