in a perfect world ♫

I Had Hoped...

you'd see my face and that you be reminded that for me it isn't over...

"Well that," (Name) muttered to herself as she closed her eyes and collapsed on her bed. "That completely backfired." Her phone buzzed suddenly. It was Green. "Mmph..." She tapped the "Decline" button before laying down again, not in the mood to talk to anyone at the moment. "I confessed my feelings for him... but it's so obvious that he doesn't return them." She rolled over and buried her face in her pillow. "I wish I had said something sooner, I was too late..."

The next day, (Name) didn't show up at the wedding. Red and (Name of worst enemy) married. Red was feeling uneasy though, ever since (Name) had told him how she felt about him, he had conflicting feelings. But he was already engaged to another woman, and he felt that he would be betraying her, her family, and her friends if he backed out now.

The wedding was picture-perfect. The only thing it lacked was seeing the true, unconditional love present in the bride and groom's faces as they saw each other across the aisle. (Name of worst enemy) was just eager to have such a handsome and rich man love her for all eternity, while Red found himself wondering how he would feel if his bride had been (Name) instead.

But for him too, it was too late. He had loved her a long time ago. That was the past. This is the present. And right now, it seems as if fate is going to keep them apart forever.

Many years passed. Red and (Name of worst enemy) had two beautiful children, and they were living a happy life. Red had learned to love (Name of worst enemy), and was a great father to their kids. (Name of worst enemy) had grown to become a loving mother as well, and eventually loved Red for real.

It all seemed like a fairy tale ending for them.

But other people were not so fortunate.