Chapter 6

"What are you doing here?" Theo looked amused before turning suspicious when he noticed the 17 year old that was following me.

"Writers block."

He nodded in understanding before raising an eyebrow and looking between me and the kid.

"Hey what's your name?" I asked, turning to him after realizing that I didn't even know it.

"Zero."

Theo mimicked my expression of disbelief, we shared a look like 'can you believe this guy?'.

What type of name was Zero? Reminded me of that one movie with Antonio Banderas and he wore that black mask and had a sword.

What even was that movie?

"It's a normal name." The weird boy stated, clearly knowing that it was indeed not normal and we were very confused.

"Is that what your mom named you? Like did she look at you and go 'yup looks like a zero'?"

"No, it is a nickname. Zero family you asshole." He replied seemingly fed up with my cynical behavior.

"Yeah I assumed." I simply said before turning to Theo. He raised an eyebrow with the hint of a smile on his face.

"I'm going to stop by at the Wilson's, maybe they feel like taking in another orphan."

Theo looked amused though Zero appeared disgusted.

"I'll see you at home?" I asked, slowly walking away from him and the campus.

Theo smiled again and then put his hand threw his hair, effectively messing it up but still somehow it looked good.

"Yeah, tomorrow we have that get together with the pack for Jason's mate so, we will plan it when I get home."

The grin that appeared on my face was probably so big. I loved that he said 'we'... it meant he was slowly accepting me to be part of his life. Though I had always been part of it, I was never in charge of anything. This was exciting.

I waved to him as I started to walk back to the Wilson's with Zero slowly following me.

We were almost there and though he was silent for a large portion of the trip he spoke up near the end.

"Why are you being so nice to me? You and Theo? I heard horrible stories of the Alpha of this area."

Grimacing at the mention of Theo's reputation due to his father, I tried to ignore that part of the question and focus more on why I was helping him. Maybe it was because I was bored, or I knew that his story would make a good one for writing. To be honest though, I remember being in a situation exactly like him. So, though I tried to keep up my cold, sarcastic act, it was obvious I have always been a softie.

At least softie for the last few years of my life.

Even though Kieran forgave me, I didn't entirely forgive myself. No matter how much I kept telling myself it needed to be done I still felt like it was the wrong choice.

Of all my years, wandering from place to place, I had never done anything like that. It just shows how much caring can cause you to do. I never cared enough to take action yet when I was so young, I found people that deserved it.

It's crazy the things you do for the people you love.

I decided not to answer Zero. Not because I didn't know how but I just didn't want to admit it. For Theo I'll confess to being as tough and strong as a feather but no one else.