good heavens, he was an angel. (prologue)

troye's head was always in the clouds.

how fitting that the sky he couldn't come down from, couldn't look away from was reflected through his stunning light-blue eyes.

and how ironic the way connor felt when troye was grounded, for once, and really looked at him; light enough, breathless enough, giddy enough to float right off the ground and join the stars, maybe finally witnessing what troye was always searching for.

but connor had to come back down. the green in his eyes glowed like new grass in spring, and his feet were rooted in the dirt like a redwood.

connor was the earth and everything you adore about coming home, the tranquility of the moment you finally hike far enough away from the road that the cars are out of earshot and out of mind, for once. he was steady, he was stable, and there was a quiet beauty to find in every single vibrant particle of him.

he was enough, when his eyes were only aimed down at the flowers beneath his feet.

but troye, a heavenly being, woven out of the twinkling stars in the sky themselves, a soul brighter than the blazing sun that set over connor's forests every night- oh troye, he could outshine his gentle whispering trees any day.

the day they collided rocked connor more than any earthquake had done. he had been infatuated with budding branches and swaying leaves before, and here comes a boy with careless curls and constellations in his heart that connected him to everyone and no one at all, someone who had no rules to follow and no limits when his eyes were always upturned to the endless sky. how could he not become a little starry-eyed himself, right then?

a few sunrises later, troye tore down connor's creeping vines of frustration dangling all over his homework with a knock at his bedroom door, and pulled him into his orbit and into the backyard spotted with starlight. troye's enthusiasm as he set up the battered telescope and rambled on and on about supernovas and planets was untouched by gravity, and connor could do nothing but stare as his angel sent from above showed him how his adoration for the heavens glittered from every pore.

that night was the first connor closed his forest-green eyes to a roaring sea of thoughts, one name crashing again and again throughout his stomach. splashing onto his heart, each droplet a new flame branding it onto the very core of him. an ocean swirling around his bones and filling him up, forest floor to canopy.

troye.

a/n

welcome to this fic!! this was supposed to be a one shot based off a poem I wrote but I got carried away, so here we are???

thanks for reading you all own my heart

-Brooklyn