Chapter 16 Worthless Love

I woke up the next morning to find clothes laid out on my dresser. Again training clothes but they were different from last time. These were dark purple, almost black.
It was a crop top that was tight like the last one and the pants were tight leather. My belly button was exposed. I didn't like them, but I couldn't get new ones so I was stuck with them.
    I found an alternate way to the training room so I didn't have to make awkward conversation with Branwen. I guess It was early cause Clove wasn't there. I walked in and sat down in the single chair in the left corner of the room.
I heard voices coming down the hallway. One was Clove and the other sounded like Branwen.
"I should have you executed for doing anything but training my daughter! She's more than you'll ever be. She has a purpose in this world. Your just a trainer!" Branwen yelled.
"I haven't done anything with your daughter! I hate royalty! I wouldn't even consider dating that stuck up princess, not even if my life depended on it!" Clove yelled back.
    For some reason his words hurt me. I wanted to prove him wrong. I wasn't a stuck up princess.
"Well your mothers life depends on it! If I see you doing anything but training her I'll make you watch me drive a sword through her chest," he threatened.
"She is engaged to the prince of the Night Crawlers, she will fulfill her destiny to stop war," Branwen explained.
"She has no time for your worthless love," he finished.
"You can't force her to marry, especially the most cruel and evil demon of them all!" He shot back.
"Your lucky I'm keeping your mother alive. One more time you mess up, well you know what I'll do," he said evilly
He laughed as he walked away.
    The door swung open and Clove stepped in. He didn't see me.
I could hear him cursing under his breath. He paced around while looking at the ground.
"Who's the prince of the Night crawlers?" I asked.
He jumped at the sound of my voice. His eyes narrowed at me. He didn't say anything.
He threw a plastic sword at me.
"Come on," he said.
I looked at him with disgust. I picked up the sword and the rest of training we barely looked at each other.