Muggles? I Think You Mean No-Maj

"Here it is. Platform 9 and 3/4." My mom noted. I inhaled deeply. "Ready?" She asked I nodded. "Ready." We walked through the wall, looking up at the large red train and the many people. I exhaled and held my cart tightly. This is it. I felt my mom squeeze my shoulder. I turned around and hugged her tightly. "You've got this." I exhaled shakily and nodded against her shoulder. "I've got this." We pulled away. "I promise to owl every night." "I'll answer every morning." She said. I hugged her tightly again. The train whistle blew, signaling the final loading. She kissed my cheek. "I'll see you soon. I love you!" "I love you too!" I called as I rushed to the train. Once I got there, I saw Luna. She was with a redhead girl who had freckles. She saw me then rushed out to me to help me. So did the other girl. They helped me lift my trunk and get my cat then the redhead pushed the cart away. "Thank you." I said to the both of them. "You're welcome." The redhead says. "Come on, the train is about to leave." Luna warned. The redhead carried my trunk as I carried my cat. I followed them to a little compartment where their things were already. The redhead began pushing my trunk up to the rafters so I set down Isolt and helped her push it up. "Thanks." She said wiping her hands. "No problem." I smiled. She stuck out her hand. "I'm Ginny Weasely. Luna's told me all about you. Er, well what she knows at least." I giggled. "Nice to meet you Ginny. I'm guessing you're a good friend of Luna's?" She nodded. "Well any friend of Luna's is a friend of mine." She smiled at me. Isolt meowed in discontent from being in the cage too long. I pulled her into the compartment more. "Um, do the doors close?" I asked. Ginny closed them for me. "thanks." I opened Isolt's cage and she got out, stretching and walking around. The train began moving, making us all jolt a little. I looked out the window and saw my mom talking to the other redheaded woman again. I smiled and waved. She smiled back and waved. I looked at her until she was out of sight. I sighed and sat down, careful not to step on Isolt. The compartment was quiet for a little. "Can you tell me about Hogwarts?" I asked the two. They looked a bit surprised from the sudden noise but agreed to tell me. "Well, the school is in Scotland so we've got quite a ride. The school is a castle that's absolutely breath-taking. And the castle is charmed to look like an abandoned mansion to Muggles." "Muggles?" I questioned, cutting Ginny off. "Er, sorry but what are Muggles?" They looked at me quizzically. "Non-Magical folk." Luna answered. "Ohhh, No-Majs." "What?" Ginny asked. "No-Majs. It's the American way to say Muggle. It derives from 'no magic'." "Oh." Ginny said quietly before continuing. "Well, the school has four house, Gryffindor, which is the best house, and is for the Brave." I laughed a little. "Let me guess, you're a Gryffindor." "Of course!" She beamed. I laughed a little. "Then there's Luna's house, Ravenclaw. That's usually for smart people or curious people. Then Hufflepuff, the house of the good finders and Slytherin, the rude and mostly pureblood house." "Ginny!" Luna scolded. "I know very many nice Slytherins. Just because the ones you associate with don't like your brother doesn't mean they are all bad." Luna explained. Ginny rolled her eyes. Luna then sighed, composing herself. "Slytherins are ambitious and yes a fair amount of them can be rude but not all of them. And Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders. They also are very loyal and kind." I nodded. "My school was based off of yours believe it or not. There were Pukwedgie, Wampus, Horned Serpent, and Thunderbird. Thunderbird was my house and it was for the adventurous. Horned Serpent was more so the Intelligent people or, uh, Scholars as the teachers put it. Then Pukwedgie favors healers, along with Wampus favoring warriors." "Warriors?" Ginny asked amazed. I nodded. "There are many great warriors that came from that house but honestly, a lot of people in that house are really loud and rambunctious." "That sounds like Gryffindor." Luna noted. Ginny agreed. "Honestly, Horned Serpent sounds like Ravenclaw and Pukwedgie is like Hufflepuff." "What about the others?" "They're kind of a mix. You'll make your own decisions of what you think of them." I nodded. "Okay." Suddenly,our compartment door was thrown open. There stood the blond boy from thebookshop. I had to restrain from rolling my eyes and sighing. Ginny scoffed. "Whatdo you want Malfoy?" She asked. Malfoy? Who's first name is Malfoy? Ithought to myself. He scoffed. "I overheard you talking about the housesWeaselbee. And I thought I should just say Slytherin is the best house." "Youwish." Ginny mumbled. "Besides," He continued, ignoring Ginny's comment. "Thehouses in America are odd. They copied right off of us, leaving little to nooriginality." I glared at him. "Now look here you arrogant," "Arrogant prick? I'veheard that before sweetheart, might need to work on insults." I huffed. "I was going to say arrogant piece of shitbut you obviously want to say something so get it over with." I saw Ginny smileto herself. He nodded to Ginny and Luna. "Why are you hanging with this lotanyways?" I looked at Ginny and Luna for a moment. "I can show you the betterpeople of this school." That made me mad. "Better people of this school yousay?" I ask, looking at him with a sickingly sweet smile. "Awe, sweetheart, youneed to learn the difference between assholes and nice people. I have a questionthough, are the 'better people' like you?" He gave a proud nod. I snorted alittle. "Yeah, I think I'm okay with the people I'm with right now. So uh, ifyou'll excuse us, we were in the middle of something." I looked back at thegirls with a smile to have them reflect it. He stood there for a few moremoments, wrapping his head around that. He then cleared his throat. I looked athim again. "I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy." I raised an eyebrow at him as he held outa hand. I took it and answered skeptically, "Y/F/N Y/L/N." He smiled proudlyagain. I let go of his hand and looked at him confused. He winked at me beforeleaving. I stood up and closed the compartment door, locking it. I sat down andlooked at Luna and Ginny. "What the fuck was that?!" I asked confused andslightly panicked. They looked at each other. Luna shrugged and Ginny glancedback at me. "Um," She started before continuing. "Don't worry about it. He'sjust a player at our school." I swallowed. "You sure I shouldn't worry?" Shenodded. "Definitely. Just do what you've been doing." I looked at her unsurely."Okay." "I think you'll be Ravenclaw." Luna said out of nowhere. Ginny gave heran odd look. "Ravenclaw? Nah, she's gonna be a Gryffindor." I smiled as thethree of us started bickering about houses. I think I'm gonna be okay.