Of Course There's Animals. Why Wouldn't There Be Animals?

"Apparentlywe need animals." I informed as I looked at the list. My mom sighed again. "I don't know if we can take care of apet right now Y/N." "No, mom, you won't have to take care of them. They'dgo to school with me. I really need one. It's for school and I don't want to not have one." She finally gave in. "Aaaaand,we need an owl for home." "Y/N."She warned. "No, no, I swear. It's for mail around here. They use owls." "Okay, I'll look for one after you leave." "Mmk." "I'm going to goahead and get the rest of your things." "But my wand-" "We're still going toget your wand." She smiled reassuringly. "Okay." I sighed. She walked me to theanimal store then waved bye as she went to the other stores. I inhaled andwalked inside. 

I looked around the crowded store as I walked around, roaming. "Cat,owl, or toad. Cat, owl, or toad." I kept repeating quietly to myself. I was atthe back of the store when I found a little black kitten. "Aweee, look at you."I cooed. The kitten was completely black and had blue eyes. I picked them upand held them to my chest. I petted them a little, making them purr. I smiledbefore I sneezed a little. "Bless you." I heard in an airy voice. I turnedaround to see a girl with long blonde hair, wearing pink glasses with swirlsand turnip earrings. "Thank you." I smiled politely. Honestly she looked a bitodd but I was curious. She lifted the glasses to reveal bright blue eyes. Shesmiled and said, "You're welcome." The cat in my arms meowed, making both of usgiggle. "She's a beautiful cat." The girl said. "She is. Wait, how did you knowshe's a, well, she?" I questioned. "I volunteer here sometimes." She saidairily again. "Oh, that's cool." Sheheld out her hand. "Luna, by the way. Luna Lovegood." I shook her hand. "Y/N. Y/F/N Y/L?N." I introduced. "You're American." She stated. I gave a singlenod. "I am."

 We released hands. "I'm very sorry to hear about what happenedover there." I nodded with a small sigh. "Yeah...it's been rough." "Was yourfamily okay?" I felt my heart start to beat faster in my chest. I inhaled alittle shakily then exhaled. "I don't know. My mom, baby brother and I are alltogether but the rest, including my little sister, got separated." She put ahand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry to hear that." I gave a shrug. "It's fine. There'snothing I can do about it anyways." She squeezed my shoulder a little bit,making me look up at her. "My mother always told me things find their way backto us in unexpected ways." I smiled a little, sadly. "Your mom is optimistic,isn't she?" She nodded. "She was. And always helped me when things were roughfor me before Hogwarts." "Was?" I asked. "She died in an explosion when I waseight." I felt my stomach drop a little, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to ask orbring back bad memories." She shooed it off with her hand and dropped her otherone from my shoulder. "Don' worry about it. There are no bad memories. I justmiss her is all. The explosion was made from her experimenting with potions." "Shesounded very brave and smart." "She was." Luna smiled. I smiled back. "Don'tworry about your family. You'll find them." "Thank you Luna." The kitten meowedin my arms. We both giggled again. 

"I think she likes you." "Does she have aname yet?" I asked. Luna shook her head. "No. But I think if you get her shewill soon." I smiled a little more then went to the counter. Luna went aroundand got the things a kitten would need. "Thank you." I whispered as she setthem down. She scrunched her face up a little with a smile. We both laughed. Ipaid for my kitten and got her things. "What's her name?" The lady asked as shetook out a piece of paper. I looked at my kitten for a moment before I smiled. "Isolt."After she wrote it on the paper, she handed me the certificate and we were off.Luna came with me. "Where'd you get Isolt?" "It's my school's founder's name. Ijust figured since I'm like the only American I've seen around here, I shouldcarry on my school legacy." "Interesting." She complimented. "Thanks." We talked a little as we walked around Diagon Alley. I met upwith my mom with Luna next to me. "Oh, who's this?" She asked, holding Rogan, my baby brother. "LunaLovegood. She helped me with the rest of my things." My mom gave her a nod. "HelloLuna. Sorry for not being more proper but I have my hands full." She saidmotioning to Rogan and some of my things. We laughed. "Not a problem, Mrs. Y/L/N." "Well, Y/N, we better get going." My mom said as Rogan cooed in her arms. I nodded. "It was great meeting you Luna." "You too, Y/N. I'll meet you on the train so you don't get too overwhelmed." "Thanks you." I praised. She smiled brightly. I saw my mom walking away so I had to catch up to her. "Seeyou on the train Luna!" I waved bye excitedly. "See you!" She waved as well.