Daddy's Little Girl

Start from the beginning

1:30pm

After Terrence left the house to do whatever he planned on doing, I shot my dad a text to meet up at Texas Roadhouse. He thought this was a casual daughter and father date but it was by far from that.

I needed answers and I needed them now.

I spotted my father sitting at the corner booth towards the back. He stood with a smile.

"Hey Sweetheart you look amazing. How is my grandchild in there."He complimented me pulling me into his embrace. He gave my stomach a quick rub.

"Thanks daddy and we are doing fine this morning."I said as he helped me to my seat. He eased into the booth in front of me and signaled for the waitress to come over.

She took our order and brought us back our waters to hold us over. I wasn't even craving much and that was weird.

"Daddy I came here to ask you something."I said stirring my straw around. He looked up at me swallowing.

"Anything princess."He said with a smile.

"Daddy what did you say to Terrence lastnight?"I finally let out.

My father sunk into his seat unbuttoning his suit jacket.

"I didn't say anything to the boy , we have a mutual agreement that's all."He quickly said. I looked up as our waitress came back with my fathers steak and my Cesar salad.

"What mutual agreement dad?"I asked through clenched teeth. What was the big secret that they were keeping from me. He shifted and bit his bottom lip.

"That sweetie doesn't matter."He brushed me off.

I scoffed rolling my eyes.

"Daddy-" I began but he cut in.

"The boy is known for sleeping with countless women don't think I didn't look up on him before hand... and I'm sure there's more."He added. I rolled my eyes because he knew nothing about Tee. He didn't even want to try.

"Terrence isn't-"I started again but he cut in once again. I was growing irritated at this point.

"Besides I don't know why your even with him. Now Calvin? He was a charm."He said smugly as he knifed his steak.

I winced from the mention of that mans name. My father was so approving of Calvin because he went to college to become a cop and my father thought he had such a bright future ahead of him. Calvin only showed my parents that side of him but what he didn't know was that Calvin caused half of my pain.

Calvin was my first love. We met in highschool. He was the captain of football team and I was a straight A student. We met after one of his games and it was history from there we were highschool sweethearts. We had that clichè relationship at first , you know that young puppy love. He had a bond with my parents. We were young and in love but then he started to change.

He started going out more and hanging around his gang banger friends and different women. That's when the abuse began. He turned for the worse but I didn't want to revisit my dark past.

I blinked and held up my hand.

"Daddy please don't start."I said lowly trying to keep my frustration at bay.

"Calvin wanted to marry you sweetie , he wanted a family and live a normal life. You would have never been in the media like Terrence has you!"He retorted shaking his head as he forked his food.

I tossed my fork down. My father had crossed the line. Bad enough I was upset before coming  but now I'm an mad black pregnant woman and that just is bad all by its self. I stood to my feet looking down at him.

"If you want Calvin so bad how about you be with him Dad!"I raised my voice pointing my freshly pink nail in his face.

"Taraji Penda Henson now you listen!-" He warned looking around at the now onlookers from across the restaurant. I cut him off holding my hand up.

"No Daddy you listen. It was never going to work with me and Calvin! I love Terrence daddy , we are about to have our own family and please daddy I'm asking you to accept that."I had to get through to him some how. He looked up at me and shifted in his seat.

His eyes soften and they searched mine. He wiped his mouth with his napkin.

"If only you knew sweetie that he doesn't want the same. Terrence plans on leaving you after you have the baby. I over heard him  talking on the phone."He said leaning forward.

"W-What?"I asked in disbelief as I eased back down in the booth.

My breath felt like it was kicked out of my body. I blinked trying to understand what I just heard.

'That's why he's always on his phone lately.'My thoughts rang out.

'Was it someone else?'

The tears cascaded my tear duct. I blinked them away as they streamed down my face.
My father wiped away my tears , I shook my head.

"I'm sorry sweetheart I didn't want to let you know like this. You know your daddy's little girl you don't need him."He said bringing his hand down to my shoulder.

"But look at the bright side God gave us another grandchild."He brought his hand down to my stomach rubbing it softly.

My heart skipped a beat. My heart was still broken from that. I lost my child.

I quickly wiped my tears away standing. I felt like the room was spinning. This was too much for me all at once.

"I have to go , I'll call you daddy." I said grabbing my purse. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and hurried out the restaurant.

I got into my car , started it and drove off. My vision was so cloudy at this point. My father never lied to me before. I couldn't believe those words , I just couldn't.My mind was in circles. This is why I didn't want to let my guard down because I always end up hurt.