21

Jess slowly stirred on the bed she was in. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, only to quickly shut them again. The lights were so bright. Where was she?

"Honey, are you alright?" She heard a voice ask her. It sounded like her mother's. Then she heard another voice shout out, "She's awake! Nurse, she's awake!" It was her father's voice.

"Mom," Jess tried to say, but her throat was so dry and scratchy, that it was too quiet for anyone to hear.

"Sweetie, it's okay. You're okay." Her mom was crying.

What had happened to her?

--------------

It had been 4 days since the accident, and Jess had just woken up yesterday. She had been in a car accident, and had been put in a coma for nearly 3 days. She was lucky to be alive with the head injury she had.

She heard her phone buzz on the table next to her. She rolled over, seeing who it was. She sighed, and turned the screen off. It was Luke. She had no idea who the boy was, but he wouldn't stop messaging her. Jess tried to ask her mom who he was, but she didn't respond.

Apparently there was a lot Jess didn't remember. The doctor had said she had amnesia.

Jess's phone buzzed again. This time she just decided to answer.

@Lukehemmings: Jess please answer me. Its been 4 days. Are you okay?

@heyheyhemmotron: who are you?

@Lukehemmings: It's me Luke..you know.. Lucas.

@heyheyhemmotron: I don't know a Luke or a Lucas.

@Lukehemmings: This is Jess right? It's her account

@heyheyhemmotron: yeah

@Lukehemmings: Did something happen?

@heyheyhemmotron: I got in a car accident 4 days ago. I just remember texting someone, then waking up in the hospital with amnesia. It must have been you i was messaging.

@Lukehemmings: OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY

@heyheyhemmotron: yeah I'm fine

@Lukehemmings: Are you still going to the concert?

@heyheyhemmotron: you mean SLFL? How do you know about that?

@Lukehemmings: Im the lead singer of the band...

@heyheyhemmotron: yeah, I guess I had tickets and backstage passes to go so I'll meet you there? I dont know why youre messaging a nobody like me lmao

@Lukehemmings: Jess, you arent a nobody. Not to me.

@heyheyhemmotron: wow.. Thank you..

@Lukehemmings: I gtg ttyl Jess

@heyheyhemmotron: okay bye Luke. Sorry I don't remember you.