"How can you be so sure?" Fu asked. "How do you know they wouldn't have seen me the same way everyone else did?" Naruto took her hand in his.

"Did Shibuki see you that way?" Naruto countered. "Fu... I used to think the same way. I didn't know anything about my parents... I used to wonder if they abandoned me, but look how it turned out. My parents loved me; they gave their lives for me. Think about everyone who sees you for who you really are. I'm sure they'd have seen you as the beautiful girl I love."

Fu didn't seem entirely sure, but smiled to him all the same. "Thank you, Naruto."

(End flashback)

Naruto remembered how he used to wonder about his parents before Jiraiya had told him about them. He knew from experience that nothing short of being told they loved her by someone who knew them would really ease her worries about their feelings towards her and, at best, she'd do what he did before he found out about his own parents: come to peace with not knowing and put it out of mind.

After looking at the picture for a few moments, he walked outside and stood on the second floor roka (the hallway-like passages on the outside of some traditional Japanese homes) and was greeted by a beautiful sunrise before he looked down on the Zen garden. It was still overgrown and badly needed tending, but even in its current condition, it retained some of its appeal.

As he looked down on the garden, he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist from behind. Naruto smiled and turned his head, meeting eyes with Fu.

"Good morning, Naruto." Fu said, returning his smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"How could I not with you beside me?" Naruto smirked. He tilted his head downward and bought their lips together. They closed their eyes as they shared a brief but passionate kiss before they slowly pulled their faces away from each other.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Fu asked.

"Well, I was hoping to surprise you and have breakfast ready, but I guess I blew it, huh?" Naruto replied. Fu let go of Naruto and moved by his side. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to him. Fu leaned onto him, resting her head on his shoulder as he held her close. The two looked out, enjoying the sight of the morning sun and their garden.

"I still have trouble believing we really live here." Fu said.

"I know what you mean, Fu." The pair stood there, enjoying each other's company and the sight before them in silence.

Fu and Ino walked into the Konoha Hot Springs, each wearing a towel. The Yamanaka had invited the green haired girl to join her at the Konoha Hot Springs. She and Naruto had left 50 clones at their compound to continue to clean and repair the remaining buildings each and 150 which were training in a clearing outside the village, the clones were divided between mastering the Rasengan, the Uzumaki seals, a few select jutsu from their library. In addition, some of Fu's clones were working on her lightning chakra flow technique while some of Naruto's were working on the Hiraishin.

As they entered the hot springs, they heard a content sigh and found Tenten already relaxing in the spring. The girl's eyes were closed as she sunk into the water.

"Tenten?" Ino asked. The brunette opened one eye and saw the two approaching. "I've never seen you around here before. I didn't know you used the public baths." Tenten raised a brow.

"Are you kidding? I'm a regular here." Tenten replied before her face twisted into a grimace. "You know what my teammates are like. I need to take every opportunity to relax."

"Really? I get what you mean with Gai and Lee, but Neji seems normal compared to them." Fu replied.

"Yeah, well he may be more normal than they are but he has no problem with their insane routines." Tenten began as her fellow kunoichi eased themselves into the hot spring. "I mean, do you know what their idea of a light workout is? Running hundreds of laps around Konoha nonstop. There was even one time Gai-sensei and Lee ran until they actually collapsed from exhaustion. They don't make us participate in most of their crazy routines, but still we never even stop to take a break."