Chapter 8

It was another beautiful day as Naruto and Fu walked through the streets of Konoha together, holding each other's hand. They had decided to eat at the Ichiraku ramen bar again for a date. There was a gentle breeze going through the village as it basked in the warmth of the sunlight. Naruto decided to use this opportunity to show Fu around the village some more, she still didn't really know her way around her new home.

Before they left, Naruto read the scrolls his father left him, the Uzumaki seals were far more complex than anything he knew, and the Hiraishin was just as difficult. Fortunately, if he focused on them and completing the Rasengan with his shadow clones, he was sure it wouldn't take too long... relatively anyway. Fu was also working on completing the Rasengan and Naruto wanted to share the Uzumaki sealing styles with her. She was also working on a technique that required mastery of lightning manipulation, the complete version of her technique for flowing lightning chakra through her own body. She had thought of this way back when Jiraiya first explained the element to her and told her that some lightning users augment themselves by channeling it though their bodies and at first, she thought she would be the first to succeed once she got this jutsu down, but later found out someone else had already invented the technique and there was still one living user. Though slightly annoyed by the revelation she wouldn't be the first to create this technique, it didn't stop her from working on it.

While the walked, they passed a clothing store, which Fu went in. Naruto was relieved when they left, he had feared she was going to take him... shopping, but luckily for him she had simply wanted to buy one thing, a grey overcoat, similar to the one worn by Anko Mitarashi. The additional pockets would be useful and the coat covered her arms and back so her opponents wouldn't see her insects preparing to attack. She had since removed her armlets and now wore her forehead protector around her neck like Hinata.

As they walked towards the ramen bar, they ran into Shikamaru and Temari.

"Hey, Naruto, Fu." Shikamaru greeted the pair.

"Hey Shikamaru." Naruto said and Fu waved with a smile.

'Naruto... that runt?' Temari asked herself as she saw the other blond. 'That's right... Shikamaru told me he was promoted. Hard to believe he's the same brat from three years ago... though he is the one who beat Gaara.'

"Where are you headed?" Shikamaru said.

"I'm showing Fu around town and taking her to Ichiraku's on a date. Oh, hey, you're Temari, right? I hear you made jonin, congrats, how are your brothers?"

"Huh? Oh, they're fine, Gaara's swamped with paperwork, like most kages are, but he handles it well."

"Hi, I'm Fu, pleased to meet you." Fu said.

"Hey. I don't remember seeing you before." Temari replied. The girl seemed to be about their age so she probably should have been in the exams three years ago and she had spent some time in the village. She had a very good memory and had never seen the green haired girl.

"Well, I was transferred to Konoha from Taki and only arrived yesterday." Fu said.

"Transferred? Why would they do that?"

"... I'm the Jinchuriki of the Nanabi... they found out an organization made of S-class ninja called Akatsuki is hunting the Biju and they didn't want to be attacked."

"What?" Temari almost yelled, this was the first she heard of the Akatsuki and it made her worried for her little brother.

"Pervy Sage, I mean, Jiraiya of the Sannin, sent word to Suna before we got back, so your village should be prepared if they attack." Naruto said and Temari calmed down and sighed.