Chapter 10

Two weeks. Two weeks and he hadn't spoken to me. Well, I had no clue where he was to be honest. I hadn't seen him over the short Halloween break or the first week back at school.

Seeing my parents was lovely, but I so badly wanted to be at hogwarts with my friends and hopefully run into Draco. Since he'd kissed me my feelings for him had increased dramatically. I think the thing I liked about him was his dangerous nature and, being me, I loved getting into trouble and following danger.

But why wasn't he back yet?

"Hannah? What do you think?" Fizz asked me as I snapped out of my daydream and narrowly avoided a lamppost.

"Oh well I think that you should wait for it. He seems nice but he may freak out and tell people." I smiled at her.

Fizz was debating whether to tell her muggle boyfriend about her powers. They'd only been dating for a few weeks and I thought that it was a ludicrous idea.

It was pouring with rain and the makeshift roof charm that Lauren had cast was working suitably for now, but I could still feel the bitter air against my bare legs and under my skirt.

As my friends debated whether fizz should tell George or not, I spotted white hair in the distance.

"Draco." I whispered to myself as the figure came closer.

He was alone, looking pale and shifty in a black suit, heading to town. I could see his shaking hands as he approached.

Once he was close enough I locked my eyes into his. His mouth immediately perked up into a smile and his shaking stopped. His feet stopped moving and he stopped just in front of me and my friends for a second, before realising they were there. I flashed him a quick smile and he carried on.

"What a perv." Hollie mumbled. "Did you see the way he looked at you Hannah."

"Yes. I don't think there's anything wrong with that though." I smiled and sped up walking, leaving them to mumble as we entered the castle.

Seeing Draco and knowing that he was here at school made me a great deal happier. I was starting to worry about him. I had heard all the horrible rumours about his parents and how they were following he who should not be named. After just finding out that he was back and getting stronger by the second, this was horrifying.

Once I got back to the dorm I got changed as quick as I could into a pair of black jeans and a jumper. My legs were dry and I was luckily getting warmer by the second. Unfortunately my hair was soaked so I put it into a ponytail and trudged down to the common room.

My friends were already there, not bothering to change out of their damp uniforms.

"Guys. Come on, we need to study. We have a potions test next week." I said to them all as they sighed.

"You study. We can't be bothered and the test means nothing." Jordan frowned.

"Um. Excuse me but out owls are very soon. About six months away. This test is a foresight into our result." I replied.

They all ignored me, Hollie and Lauren closing their eyes and falling asleep. I breathed heavily and made my way over to the table to study.

My book was making absolutely no sense. I hated potions. The only time I had ever understood it was with Draco.

The common room was incredibly loud, maybe I could concentrate more in the hall.

I gathered my books and slowly made my way down the changing staircases, waiting for them to connect in the correct places. I loved to fact that the stairs changed but it always took ages to get to where you wanted.

Strangely, the staircases were bare. No one else was around. I gasped. Dinner!! I had almost missed it. As I sped up down the stairs I spotted Draco, Crabbe and Goyle coming the opposite way.

Panicking, I tried to get away but our stair cases came directly into contact. I caught Dracos eye and he winked at me, making me blush through my panic.

"Dirty little mudblood." I heard Crabbe murmur.

I froze on the spot as Dracos smile dropped. "She's a...a what?"

"A muggleborn." Goyle repeated, bringing out his wand.

My heart raced as I tried to step back, but the stairs only blocked me from moving away.

Draco looked hurt as he turned to face his friends. "Stop." Draco spat. "Leave her to me."

He smiled cruelly as the two boys left him and he reached for his wand.

"Draco." I whispered, stunned and scared.

He twisted his head around before waiting for the two boys to go. As soon as he made sure they were gone he dropped his wand and reached forward to grab me. He pulled me into his arms and squeezed me as tightly as he could.

I closed my eyes and let a single tear fall from one of my eyes, landing on Dracos cheek.

"Hannah I'm so sorry." He whispered. "I would never let them hurt you."

"You wouldn't?" I frowned.

"Of course not. But why didn't you tell me?"

"Why are you so nice to me Draco?" I replied, not answering his question. "I'm a Gryffindor mudblood. You said to me yourself you could never be friends with a mudblood.. Let alone..."

I trailed off as his grip on me loosened and he held me at arms length.

"Hannah... I don't know what to say. You're right, I have been brought up to hate mudbloods, but I can't hate you. You're the only person that's been kind to me in so long." He sighed. "I understand if you hate me, I know I'm not a nice person, I hate what I've been doing recently, but I have no choice."

"I don't hate you." I replied, still stunned. "I just don't understand how us being anything could ever work."

"Secrets exist. I still want to see you. Even if it is once a week for a potions lesson. I can deal with that. I'd be happy to help you." He smiled and let his arms drop by his sides.

"I guess I'll see you on Wednesday then." I smiled slightly as I saw professor Snape approaching. "I better go, Snape is down the stairs."

I watched as the colour drained from Dracos face. He immediately picked up his wand and placed it in his pocket, turning around and walking down the stairs to meet professor Snape.

Clearly something was going on between them, and it frightened me.