Chapter 3

I pulled the sleeves of my oversized black hoodie over my hands as we waited outside in the cold. The sky was black and I was incredibly grumpy and sleep deprived.

You'd think a magical school would have a better way of dealing with fires then smoke alarms and clearing everyone out, but no. Thanks to some first year performing a spell wrong, the whole of the fifth and sixth year Slytherin and Gryffindor dorms were cleared out. My black pyjama shorts were not satisfyingly warming my legs and I was shivering like mad. In all the hurry I had forgotten shoes, so my black fluffy socks were soaking wet and ice cold.

Hollie reached out and rubbed my shoulders. She has been clever enough to put on shoes and her dressing gown which was giant pink and fluffy.

"How bloody long do we have to be out here for" Fizz moaned. For some reason she was standing on one leg.

"It's half three in the morning professor please can we go back in." Lauren yelled at Professor Treylawney as she glided past.

"Dear your spirit is shielded with the false hope of love." She replied, clearly in a sleepy daze.

"What the bloody hell is she on about." Jordan chuckled awkwardly.

"Probably Liam." Lauren replied softly, kicking a stone on the ground.

"Don't worry Loz she's full of shit and you and Liam are perfect together" I smiled as she perked up.

Many groans came from the Slytherins and I heard a few of them muttering about mudbloods being un-natural or something.

I found my eyes searching the crowd of Slytherins, although I didn't know what I was searching for until I found him.

Draco Malfoy.

He was facing me and as soon as I saw him we made eye contact immediately. He held it for a second before looking away sheepishly?

It must've just been tiredness. He probably didn't even know he was looking at me.

I turned back to my friends and sighed as Hollies head drooped on Lauren's shoulder. She has fallen back to sleep. We had now been outside for an hour and the only thing that was keeping the rain from touching us was the charm that professor Mcgonagall had cast, although it did not stop the chill.

"Thank you all for waiting so patiently."   Dumbledore hushed the crowds. "I know that it is very early and you have missed an hour of sleep. I am very sorry for that. Therefore lessons will start later and end later tomorrow so that you can all catch up on some sleep. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience and the first year will be deducted points from Hufflepuff house. Thank you"

He immediately spun around and went inside, the hoards of sleepy students following him. We were making our way through the doors when the charm collapsed and the rain fell, soaking at least one hundred students. Me and my friends had managed to escape it though, luckily.

I could feel the relief of not being caught, but also the sorrow for those who were soaked. To the left of me some sixth year Slytherins were laughing, Malfoy among them. I glanced at him and noticed the smug look on his face.

His eyes locked in with mine for a few seconds as he winked before turning back around. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as I blushed.

"Guys is it just me that's not tired now?" Fizz smirked as we all agreed.

"I think we should sneak off from the group and go to the common room." Jordan said.

"We could watch a movie by the fire." Lauren agreed.

"I'll probably fall asleep but sure." Hollie giggled as we snuck away from the group and went down the nearby corridor.

The common room was completely empty since it was later than anyone's curfew, so it was the perfect place for a good film.

"Accio We're the Millers DVD" Lauren chuckled, wiggling her wand as the dvd shot through the air and into her hand.

"Nice one Loz."

"What can I say, I've been practising that one." She smirked, placing the DVD into the tray and switching it on.

We sat up for about half an hour until each one of us started to drift off to sleep, we were so tired and it would've been too risky to make our way back into the dorms as teachers could have seen us. We decided it was safer to be found asleep in the common room the next morning.

Half way through the night I was woken by the weight of a blanket on my chest. Hollie must've seen that I was cold and covered me up.

I really loved it at Hogwarts.