Chapter 5

"Hannah you've been really revising potions recently." Jordan pointed out.

"I know, it's my worst subject." I replied, flicking over the page.

Of course, the real reason that I was revising potions was so that I didn't look so stupid in front of Draco, my first tutoring session was tonight. I still hadn't told my friends and I was still curious to why he was helping me when he was usually so horrible. I wanted to find out more about him, he was interesting and mysterious.

"I was thinking we could have a little movie marathon tonight in the common room. Like starting at six and ending at 10." Lauren suggested.

"That's hardly a marathon." Hollie replied. "More like a small jog."

Fizz giggled at her as I panicked. I was meant to be studying with Draco tonight.

"I can't make it." I said.

"What? Why not?" Yelled Fizz in all manors of stress.

"Well I am busy. I have to um..." I quickly thought up an excuse. "Ask Snape about my defence homework."

"We didn't have any defence homework?" Hollie questioned.

"Well I did." I replied bluntly, flicking over another page.

All four of my friends carried on talking, giving me weird glances. I did feel bad for lying to them all but I'd probably tell them next week when I'd found more out about Draco.

At six o'clock they all piled into the common room, kicking a few first years out and switching on a horror film.

I watched them get comfy as I slipped out of the common room and into the corridor. I was strangely nervous for tonight, at the same time that Draco was terrifying, I also had a strange kind of sensation, like butterflies.

I shook the thought off and made my down to the first floor. It was 6:15 and I had 45 minutes to wait before I could make my way to his room. I suppose his dad had paid for him to have separate quarters in the basement floor.

I made my way into the great hall and sat at a table. Lots of other fifth years were in here studying and a few first years were just finishing their meals. I was practically the only person sitting alone to study.

After about half an hour I'd only gotten through one page of my book and I was struggling to get any further. It was now ten to seven so I decided to make my way down to the basement floor. The stairs were on the opposite side of the ground floor and were separated from the corridor. No one was supposed to go down other than a few Slytherins who were allowed access. As I walked past one of the photos on the wall yelled at me that I wasn't allowed, but I ignored it and carried on down the corridor and down the stairs. The basement floor was always dimly lit and very cold, black and very dull, perfect for prison cells and Slytherin rooms.

I finally came to Draco's door and he was standing outside, leaning against the wall.

"You came." He said, a stern look on his face.

"Yes I did. I need help with my potions." I replied.

He stood in silence for a while, just looking at me, before opening the door to his room and signalling me to go in. He followed after me as I went over to the sofa and sat down.

"I'd say make yourself at home but you've already done that." He smirked and sat beside me.

"Um is it still okay if I call you Draco?" I asked sheepishly, praying for a yes.

"I'd say so." He smirked once again and stood up. "I actually thought we could do a practical."

My eyes followed to where he was pointing and I stared in amazement. He had set up all kinds of different potion bottles and cauldrons. I was astonished. Why had he done all of this for me.