Chapter 21

After you began the drive home, you stared out at the scenery for what seemed to be forever, you watch the sun begin to set over the ocean as you begin to get tired. You still had a long way to go, so you turn before you cuddle into L, and he immediately accepts your gesture by wrapping both arms around you and softly squeezing you in, while at the same time giving you a gentle peck on your forehead. You then close your eyes as you get a little more comfortable, and you bury your face into his chest before you attempt to get some sleep. After just a few minutes as you feel L begin to run his hand down your hair, you doze off in his arms, just wanting to get your mind off of everything.

When you finally wake up, you find yourself comfortably tucked into a soft bed, confused slightly as to where you were.

Did I really sleep through that entire drive...?

You think as you move just a bit, still half asleep. When you sit up and take your surroundings in, you see you were in a small quaint room that was extremely simple and minimalistic, illuminated by natural light seeping through a large window right next to you. Upon looking out the window, you see that you were in some massive high rise building, in a bed literally up against the piece of glass separating you and the drop off of at least 30 stories. Instinctively scrambling back, you take a minute in awe of the view before slowly getting out of bed, wanting to figure out exactly where you were. After you find your clothes, you get changed into a comfortable outfit of ripped jeans and a cool and cozy loose tee, soon after venturing over to the door which presumably led to the rest of the apartment.

It was strange to have a sudden change of scenery like this. The apartment was bigger than the one you were used to, and it had a wider layout with massive windows in place of walls on one side. There was a wall mounted tv above a little mantle area not far away, surrounded by cozy looking couches and big puffy pillows. Looking over on the other side of the apartment, you see an attached room with a extremely nice little kitchen tucked in the corner, with a small dining area across from that. As you step out into the beautiful new space, you notice Sushi laying on the couch, licking one of her paws before she notices you. She meows quite loudly as she does, and she jumps off the cushions and trots over to you, only to start winding herself around your legs as she purred in between making as much noise as she could.

"Yes, I'm back."

You say smoothly as you crouch down, letting your hand run across her soft fur. She continues meowing as she circles your hand, shoving her face in your palm every few seconds as you smile softly.

"I suppose you're hungry as well aren't you?"

You eventually say as you get back up, making your way to the little silver food bowl that was on the floor by one of the walls. Sushi follows as she realizes where you were going, and she begins meowing again as she circles you and the dish. Though upon looking inside the shallow silver interior, you see a small slip of paper with a note on it.

My meows are lies. I have been fed.

You laugh at the small message in the bowl as she meows more, and you shake your head before sighing.

"Better luck next time Sushi."

You giggle as you turn towards the rest of the apartment. After exploring around a little more, you find the door to the rest of the building, and you find the elevator after a little while of hunting around. You presumed you were in the Task Force building, and you push the button the the main floor, hoping you got it right. When you did get down to where you hoped you would find L, you walk down some stairs as you stretch, and luckily you see your boyfriend sitting at the interface, eating sweets already while he stares into the screens in front of him.