Chapter 1

~small disclaimer~

please take a moment to read:

Hello everyone - author coming at ya from 2021 here.

Just here to let yall know that this fic is OLLLDDD AS HELL, and was written when I was very young and had absolutely no experience with story writing, or relationships.

As a result, this fanfiction IS NOT AN AUTHENTIC OR HEALTHY REPRESENTATION OF ROMANCE - as I wrote it as a preteen who had no prior experience with that aspect of life, and had a very immature idea of what it was all together.

So, for those of you who have found yourselves here; thank you for checking it out! However, my newer stuff is

~☆~ASTRONOMICALLY BETTER~☆~

Trust me on this one. I wrote this at 13-14 years old, and I am now a fully independent adult in my 20s. I know what I'm talking about, kids.

If you want an L x Reader fanfiction that ticks some of the same boxes as this one does, check out Runaway instead, my current ongoing work. I, the author of both, will thank you for it.

I promise you that Runaway has much more of a solid story to it, and has much more editing and feedback than this one ever did. More reads does not equal better!!

If none of that deterred you to read Runaway instead, please enjoy.

Just know that something better is waiting for when you're done ;)

~♡~

It was early spring. You were only six, and still living at Wammy's House.

Flowers were just starting to bloom, and the air was fresh and crisp-especially in the morning. It was your second favourite time of the year, with fall being at the top of your list. You had only just woken up, and as always, your room was cold. Very cold. Nobody else had the same problem, at least not that you knew of. The other girls you shared the space with didn't seem to mind the temperature, but maybe you just get chilled easily. You roll over to try and get comfortable, containing as much heat under the thin blanket as you can. It was 7:30 in the morning, and the sun had just began to creep into the windows, casting long bands of light across the room that reflected off of small dust particles floating freely in the air. It was quite beautiful to see your room at a time like this, even though you really weren't a morning person. All the other kids woke up at around 8:00, and so did you most days, but today was different for some reason. Nevertheless, You were glad that you had a little time to yourself to do whatever you wanted before the house came alive. After you fully wake up, and realize there's a 0% chance you're falling asleep again, You slip from your bed, your feet not liking to touch the freezing floor. You eventually stand up, Making sure you made a minimal amount of noise, and you quickly made your way to the girls washrooms, happy to have it for yourself for once in your life. After around 5 minuets, you slink out of the washrooms quietly and decide to head downstairs. May as well take advantage of the fact that you basically had the whole place to yourself for the early morning hours.