3 ✧ rough

CHAPTER 3:
Rough

✧✧✧

Harry knocks on the familiar front door, adjusting the snapback so it lays backwards on his head. It originally wasn't his first idea to spend the summer with his mum, but after many requests from her to do so, and his visit being long overdue, he decided it would be probably be the best thing to do.

"Harry!" His mother exclaims once opening the door, pulling him in for a tight hug.

Harry chuckles, rubbing the woman's back during the embrace until he pulls away from her grip. "Let me go unpack my things, yeah?"

"That can wait. I've missed you too much. Just set your suitcase by the door and come in for some lunch." She orders, Harry smiling to himself before locking his car and entering the home, leaving his suitcase by the door as told.

Harry follows his mother, Anne, into the kitchen, the comforting smell of her homemade cooking in the air—something Harry has missed.

She hands him a plate with a small serving of the pasta she had prepared before the two sit down at the small kitchen table.

"I'm so happy to see you," she smiles, obviously catching Harry at an awkward moment when he looks up at her with a full mouth of pasta. "I'm sorry I have to go for a few hours... I tried to reschedule the meeting but—"

"It's fine, mum, really. We have the whole summer to get sick of each other." Harry grins, his mother joining him with a faint chuckle.

"The only thing... I promised Jay that I would keep an eye on her son while she's out working. I completely forgot about the meeting but you could be able to watch out for him while I'm gone, right?"

Harry's eyes go wide once it sinks in. "Jay as in Johannah... Johannah Tomlinson?"

Anne nods, getting up to get Harry a drink.

"Tomlinson... Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes, Harry. Louis Tomlinson." Anne confirms, grabbing a glass from the cupboard and walking over to the fridge to get some juice. "He's grounded and Jay has to work so I told her I would keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't leave the house or something."

Harry groans loudly and dramatically, as flashbacks of Louis being spoiled, whiny, and too shy for his own good flood into his mind.

Of course Johannah would ask his mother to watch Louis. Their mothers are pretty good friends last time he checked, and his house is the only one that's behind Louis's—giving Harry and Anne the ability to view the backyard of Jay and Louis's home.

"Mum, that kid isn't gonna do anything bad, are you kidding? The worst he's probably gonna do is play dolls or bake some cookies."

Anne rolls her eyes at her son. "Be nice," she scolds lightly, returning back to the table and setting the juice in front of Harry. "He's really changed, ya know. Right after you left, remember you couldn't make it to Greyson's graduation?" Harry nods, Anne continuing, "Ever since then, he's gotten much better."

"You mean he doesn't pout in the corner anymore and can actually hold conversations with people?" Harry gasps sarcastically. "I don't believe it."