CHAPTER ONE

---------------------------

But I've got my mind

Made up this time

Cause there's a menace in my bed,

Can you see your silhouette?

And I've got my mind

Made up this time

Go on and light a cigarette,

Set a fire in my head

Set a fire in my head, tonight

---------------------------

// TROUBLE // HALSEY //

---------------------------

Cinder sighed, plopping down in the copilot seat of the ship. She wasn't allowed to go have a little fun getting some important information from someone in this very cantina, just because of her metal limbs. Even Iko had been allowed in. probably because Cinder had done such a great job of disguising her and making her look as human as possible.

As human as Iko could look. Cinder didn't know many humans with naturally blue hair. Cinder also didn't know many droids with a personality such as Iko's, although 3PO had said before that Iko reminded him very much of his old companion, who had shut off and gone into low power mode after Luke Skywalker had gone missing.

Cinder was a cyborg. Her left hand and leg were made entirely out of metal, she had a sort of holoscreen with net access in her brain, four metal ribs, a few metal vertebrae, and metal splints in her right leg. Everyone said it was the result of a crash when she was little, but she knew it went deeper. Accidents weren't common anymore, and one that took both her parents lives and nearly her own? It just didn't seem plausible.

The hatch opened and rapid footsteps rushed into the ship, a girl with fiery red hair throwing herself into the pilot's seat and shooing Cinder away.

"Come on, Thorne!" Scarlet shrieked, flipping switches and pressing buttons.

"I'm coming, I'm coming! Cool your jets, woman!" a young man said, fixing his leather jacket before settling in the seat next to her that Cinder had just vacated. "Hey, I thought it was my turn to pilot."

"NO." Scarlet, Cinder, and Iko said in unison.

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Thorne said in defense.

"Yes, you are." the girls said again. Thorne sighed and muttered something, joining Scarlet in helping them take off faster.

"What was that all about?" Cinder asked.

"The First Order was there," Iko replied. "See?" she pointed out the window, and sure enough, a small group of stormtroopers in white armour were making feeble attempts to shoot their ship down with their blasters.

"It's always the places I can't go," Cinder sighed.

"Aw," Iko placed a hand on Cinder's shoulder. "It wasn't a very nice place, anyways."

"No cantina is very nice," Thorne chuckled.

"Will you shut up and help me get this back to D'Qar?" Scarlet said irritably.

"Yeah, focus," Cinder smirked, punching his shoulder. "We don't want to crash."

"I'm not even piloting!" Thorne whined.