Death and his dog.

Start from the beginning

"Kuma, heel!" Kyoko called but it was no good with his barking he couldn't hear her she was too far behind Ren caught up with her in five long strides as her shaking legs betrayed her.

"Kyoko call the police. I will get Kuma" he said as he stopped her then darted off into the darkness.

Kyoko grabbed her phone glad they had not searched her with shaking hands she dialled the number.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

They were backed into a corner, it was a dead end with nowhere to run as Kuma stood before the three of them barking, growling and snarling as he held the gang at bay.

Alpha order I obey, you bad pack this our territory bad omega's omega's not worthy of alpha

In their fear the leader of the little group, the biggest guy who had been holding Kyoko up grabbed a metal bar from the floor. Swinging it wildly at the dog he approached screaming

"Back you demon shinigami! Back I say! I'm not afraid of you."

Kuma's nose was telling him different though as one of the men behind the big man wet himself, but Kuma knew his training he avoided the first swing of the bar. But this was no stage performance, the man's moves were too erratic. He swung again he clipped Kuma on his head as he brought the bar up for a final finishing blow.

The bar stopped in mid air as the man looked up. His eyes grew wide as he looked right into the face of a gigantic man, his eyes were full of killing intent, his hair dripping wet as he held the bar as if it was nothing. Even as the man tried to jerk the bar away the iron fisted grip held the bar still as Kuma continued his command barking and growling.

"It's the death master and his hound come to take us." screamed one of the other men as he too wet himself. The man still holding the bar was suddenly airborne as he was flicked away with the very bar he had defended himself with, smashing head first into the wall before he slumped unconscious to the floor. The other two men knelt on the floor doing a dogeza as they begged the god of death to spare them, to let them go, not to kill them too.

Alpha her alpha safe...territory safe we win

Ren was slowly approaching the two begging men slowly. When he had seen the blow hit Kuma his entire world had become Kuon once more. He would show these men just what it meant to hurt his woman and his friend. He would have happily killed them both there and then, but there was a sensation in his left hand. A warm body against his left hip it called to his soul, it called to his senses. As his hand unconsciously grabbed Kuma's hair Ren pulled through the anger pushing Kuon to bay once more as he towered over the men.

"Kuma, cease." he growled low as Kuma instantly stopped his growling and barking. He didn't know how long it took, but his hand never left Kuma as he patted and stroked the hound holding his anger at bay. Kuma was his comfort as the sound of many hard boots rounded the corner, the flashlight glared down to the dead end where a man stood with the largest hound they had ever seen towering over the two men bowing before them and the one unconscious man lying on the floor. Ren had tossed the bar to the floor between the two men and settling his face he turned to the approaching officers

"These are the culprits. Is Kyoko OK? I'm afraid he attacked me so I had to disable him though it seems these men are not too brave when they aren't ganging up on a defenceless woman." he said his eyes showing his concern for Kyoko and his distaste of the actions of the men but Kuon's killing aura had gone.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

It hadn't taken long to get the story from both Kyoko and Ren. The officers commended Ren for holding the assailants until they arrived and he said it was all Kuma's doing though the officers laughed as the large dog begged for pets and scratches as he rolled onto his back so they could stroke his tummy.

"You expect us to believe that dog would hurt a fly?" one of the female officers asked as Kyoko, wrapped in a blanket spoke for the first time without a question being aimed at her. The ambulance had told Ren she was in shock but other than that she was just sore and bruised.

"He was protecting me, and he has been really highly trained for our work all I had to say was 'sic' and he..." her voice was cut off by a low growl followed by vicious barking as Kuma leapt to his feet, hackles raised.

"Kuma cease!" Ren called and instantly Kuma was back to begging for cuddles which to begin with were slower to come as the shocked officers looked on at the large dog.

"Wow, he is some dog." the female officer said as she looked on.

"Maybe we could get some of these for the force chief." she said as she looked at the older man who had been handling the questioning, Ren chuckled.

"I wouldn't bother. As you can see it's all just an act. He would rather love everyone than hurt anyone as you said." they all smiled at the lounging dog as one of the officers scratched his belly.

"But he protected me." Kyoko whispered as she watched on at the large dog with a new look in her eyes.

The three men were arrested and Ren's information was taken and he also put them into contact with LME's legal department as he said it would be better for them to speak to them in hope this wouldn't become gossip. The police understood and were very professional about the situation, as Kuma would have been too big to fit into the police cars, the ambulance said they would drop them off at Ren's apartment as they were heading that way anyway. Ren watched as Kyoko sat on the bed opposite from him as she slowly stroked Kuma's back with one hand. She was trembling badly he didn't know whether it was from shock or the closeness of Kuma but he could see that something in the young woman had changed. He just hoped it wasn't her aversion to men growing stronger.