I'm Sorry [ML]

"Why?" I ask him, tears falling from my eyes. My voice hoarse from crying and yelling, my heart just wanting the fight to stop.

"I never loved you!" He screams at me, throwing his keys to the floor. My heart drops, was the four year relationship meaningless to him?

"Fuck you! Goodbye, Chris," I spit, trying not to break down anymore than I already have. I rush out of the house and to my car, planning to go to who knows where. I didn't hear footsteps behind me, just silence.

-----

It's been a week since our fight and I haven't heard from Chris, but I didn't really care. Sure I love him with everything I have, but if his love was fake then I should forget about him. I should have seen it coming, how he was home late and didn't talk to me much anymore.

"Y/N, please eat," My best friend says to me, pulling me from my thoughts and back to reality. She and I are at Nando's, eating lunch before finishing her shopping. She dragged me out of the guest room I have been staying in, saying that I would die in there if I didn't move.

"I did eat, I'm full," I respond, not feeling any hunger at all in my body. I watch as her lips turn to a frown, obviously not happy with my answer. Her eyes widen at a sight behind me, causing me to turn my body slightly to see.

He's here, standing by the hostess with Harry and Tobi. I turn back to my best friend, not wanting him to see me. She looks at my frozen body before speaking, "Should I go say hi?" She's been wanting to kill Chris since the breakup, never being a huge fan of me dating anyone.

Before I could respond, she stands and walks towards the three familiar boys. I watch as she makes her way towards them, Chris' eyes widening at the sight of her. I turn back to my food as she drags Chris outside the restaurant, not wanting to see what she does to him.

-----

"Y-Y/N?" A familiar voice cracks, causing me to look up from my untouched plate. I see Chris standing there, causing me to get up from the table and walk towards the exit. I don't want to bring up my feelings again, I worked so hard to get them down.

I walk through the shopping center, hoping to have lost him in the crowds of people and walking towards the bathrooms. As I walk towards the ladies room, I get pulled back by a strong force and pinned against a wall.

"Please can I explain?" Chris' voice asks, his eyes avoiding my own pair. I nod, just wanting to do anything to get away from him. "I was angry, I said things I shouldn't have. After you left I tried to get you back, calling your family to your friends trying to find you. I didn't bother to call you because I knew you wouldn't answer, I didn't want to cause you anymore pain. I care for you to the moon and back, I would never fake anything for you. Fuck, I would die for you. I love you, Y/N," He rants, nothing but sincerity coming from his voice. He looks up at me, tears falling from his eyes and his lip between him teeth.

"C-Chris, I don't know if I can believe you," I admit, trying to be strong and not fall into his trap. I can tell he is telling the truth, the fact that he is crying and pinning me to a wall just to talk to me is enough for me to be sure he is being truthful.

"I'll prove it to you," He says before connecting our lips, causing my body to freeze. I close my eyes, kissing him back and not realizing until now how much I needed to feel his touch. I wrap my arms around his neck, his connecting behind my waist and pulling me closer to his warm body.

I feel his tears on my cheeks, mixing with my own as my wall brakes down and releases all the emotions I have been hiding away. I push my hands into the back of his hair, trying to be as close to him as possible and not caring that we are in the shopping center crying and kissing.

He pulls away slightly, bringing my body into his embrace and rubbing my back as we both try to end our crying fits. "I'm so s-sorry, Y-Y/N. Will y-you please c-come back to m-me?" Chris asks, trying to regain his composure.

"I-I shouldn't have l-left," I respond, pulling him in for another kiss.