Chapter 2: Partners and Mazes

Lucy was very excited that she got the booth she wanted. But her partner on the other hand, she had mix feelings about. Charlie Brown wasn't the easiest person to work with, but at least he wasn't a total asshole like some other people. Not that Lucy was saying he was lazy, it's just that he had no ideas to give to the group he was in. He has changed quite a bit since they were kids, but so has she. She's no longer the bully, but rather bullied in return because of her past mistakes. Her brother, Linus, turned his back on her. Ever since he blanket disappeared during junior high, he has been cold, ruthless, savage. Life at home turn rough compared to how it use to be.

Lucy shakes herself out of memories, and heads towards Charlie Brown. 

"Hey, so you ready for this?" she asks him politely.

"Yea, as much as I can be," he replies back.

"Well this is the booth I wanted the whole time. Did you have one you wanted?" Lucy asked trying for small talk.

"I honestly didn't care. A booth's a booth..." he trailed off. Silence engulfed their senses.

Breaking the silence Charlie Brown asks, "Why did you want this one?" Lucy inwardly smiles, she got him to keep talking, even if it was a slow start.

"I love mazes," she starts. "It's a 3-dimensional puzzle that you have to solve or you could be lost. It can bring an array of emotions to a person. From frustration to joy. But I'll cut off there. I'm pretty sure you don't want me to talk about my boring interest," Lucy ends, knowing most people get bored quickly.

"No, go on. I was just getting interested," said Charlie Brown with his head tilted. Lucy smiles brightly, so brightly it shines from her eyes. And she began to explain her obsession with mazes to him in full.