The First Changes

Every child in the Charlie Brown universe changed. Charlie Brown and Sally have grown closer as siblings under the rough roof of their mother. Lucy is even more distant from Linus, and Linus and Rerun are now close as brothers. Peppermint Patty has gone back to her actual name, Patricia, and Marcie finally stopped calling her sir. "Pig-pen" has cleaned up his act for good, and now is sparkling clean; he is now called by his name James. The list can go on.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

It is now the beginning of Charlie Brown's last year of high school. Over the summer, he was reminded again and again about his childhood. How he still has the same amount of hair, how he and Sally are really close as siblings, how he still hasn't dated a girl, and how much he hasn't changed. He loves his childhood, but hates to be reminded of his embarrassing moments and being reminded of being the same.

Charlie Brown still has his large ears, but now he has muscles. He still plays on the baseball team, and is the fastest member. Still the pitcher, he has honed his skills. He has his wicked fastball, and his 'loopy' curveball to confuse his enemy. Using those two throws has earned him a lot of opposing team strike-outs.

Charlie Brown has gotten over his crush on the "little redheaded girl," but he gained another one in its place. This crush makes his other one minimal by comparison, but he refuses to tell anyone. He finds it too embarrassing to admit, and he believes that he has less of a chance with her than he ever did with the "little redheaded girl."

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Lucy Van Pelt has always been a tomboy, always had the boys scared of her, and could never get her crush. While growing up, she realized how much her relationships with the other teens her age during her childhood effected how they behave around her now. Because of her cruelness while kids, everyone is cruel to her now. They don't want anything to do with Lucy because they are still afraid of her. She wasn't popular, and because she didn't actually fight anyone, she wasn't the bad girl. Lucy considered herself a "simple athletic girl" and didn't understand why everyone around her couldn't get over the past.

Lucy's efforts to get Schroeder to date her paid off her freshman year. He finally realize that he didn't want to be like exactly Beethoven, so he stopped pretending to not like her. He asked her out using his piano a week into the school year. Schroeder was too cute and Lucy said yes. They lasted a year before Lucy broke it off. She felt guilty for dating him while she liked someone else. Schroeder played it off cool, but she broke his heart, because he had fallen in love with her. He cared for her too much to try to keep her, so he watches out for her. He doesn't want her to get hurt.

It's Lucy's last year at highschool. She has to make a choice. Will she tell her crush she likes him? Or will she forever hold her peace? The boy she likes was always around, but could never see her. He will either break, or make her heart.