Andrea POV
After school I walked to Hayes' house with Lana and her twin brother, Cameron. We've all been best friends since second grade. While Lana was telling her boring story that no one was listening too, I noticed that Hayes was frowning and looking down at the ground.
"Hayes, are you good?" He just shrugged his shoulders. In all my years of knowing Hayes, I've never seen him like this. After we finally got to Hayes house, we started talking about our first days. All of a sudden, Matt started texting me. Incase you didn't know, Matt was the hot kid I sat next to in homeroom. Him and I are becoming great friends, and I think he might be my first ever crush. Hopefully he feels the same way.
Matt: wanna hang out rn?
Me: I'm at Hayes' house just come over
"Hayes you don't mind if my friend comes over too right?" Hayes just shrugged. I guess that means Matt could come. I was hoping that everyone would be friends with Matt and he could join our group. After five minutes, there was a ring on the doorbell. Hayes went up to get it.
Hayes POV
I opened the door to see who this friend was that Andrea was talking about. But when I opened the door, it wasn't who I expected it to be. It was the kid Drea was talking about earlier.
"What the hell are you doing at my house?"
"Um, my name's Matt, and Andrea told me to come here to hang out with you guys." Before I had time to give this dude a piece of my mind, Andrea welcomed him in, and he just walked in on his own. They were all talking about our new teachers, when all of a sudden, Matt puts his arm around Andrea. That was the last straw. I got so angry so I screamed,
"GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!" I don't know why I did it, it was such a stupid move. But it annoyed me how this random dude just comes in my house, and starts flirting with the girl I love.
"Hayes, what's your problem," Andrea said. Wow I really made myself look bad didn't I.
"Dude, I don't understand the issue," Matt said getting all defensive. So I fired back,
"The issue is that you're all over Drea for no reason."
"Well maybe it's because I like her." That's when I lost it. I was heartbroken. I screamed at them to get out of my house and ran up into my room, not knowing that Matt followed me upstairs.
"Bro what the hell is the issue." His attitude was just so nasty, that I punched him right in the nose. I don't know what happened after, because then I just locked myself in my room and cried, looking at pictures of Andrea and I since we were 6.
Andrea POV
This isn't the Hayes that I've known for years. Something is clearly wrong. I don't get it. He'd always used to hug Lauren, especially in front of me. I don't get why he got all defensive, just because my friend put his arm around me. And then he punched Matt.
"Oh my goodness Matt I'm so so sorry, I don't know why Hayes is acting like this," I said. Then I helped him bandage up his nose, and walk him home. We finally arrived at his house.
"Well, here we are. Are you sure everything is okay?"
"I'm feeling fine. Thanks so much Drea, for everything." Then we just stood outside his house and looked into each other's eyes for about a minute. He started to lean in and so did I, I was about to have my first kiss... And then his mom opened the door and told Matt that he needed his help with something. I was a little upset, because I really, really want Matt to be my first kiss. I walked home and decided I needed to talk to Hayes.
Hayes POV
Heartbroken. I don't even know why I think I have a chance. I'm always just going to be the kid that's vine famous. Why am I even thinking about true love? But every time I look at the picture of Andrea and I at the Valentine's Day dance in the seventh grade, or when we were batman and robin for Halloween in the fourth grade, it makes me realize that I can never give her up. I get a text on a group chat with Lana, Cameron and I.
Lana: so Mr. One million followers, what's the deal?
Cameron: yea why'd you lash out on Matt
Me: ugh, if I tell you guys something, do u promise to keep it
Cameron: swear
Lana:^
Me: this might be a little embarrassing, but I've been in love with Drea since the first day of second grade, and I thought this would be the year we would finally be more than friends.
Lana: awwwww
Cameron: bro you gotta tell her
Me: but she likes Matt, and I probably just ruined everything
Lana: she's known you since forever Hayes, just talk to her.
Me: ok thanks I will
I'm way too scared to talk to Drea right now, after what just happened. She probably never wants to be my friend again.