It all started in the second grade.
"Hayes Grier, do you happen to have a brother, Nash?"
"Yes Mrs. Stien."
"Looks like I have to keep my eyes on you. Your sitting in the front row." I rolled my eyes and sat. I was looking around at everyone in my new school. It was always hard for me to make friends, because I'm so shy. I don't get how Nash does it. As I was day dreaming, this girl caught my eye. She had brown hair, and she wore a SnapBack on top of her head. She wore a black shirt with a red flannel tied around her waist, and a pair of Jordan's. The reason she caught my eye was because usually, girls in the second grade wear flower dresses and hair bows. This girl however, was different, and I thought she was beautiful.
"Young lady with the hat, what's your name?"
"Andrea," the girl mumbled.
"Ok Andrea, do you mind taking off your hat? We are in school."
"Nah, I'm good. I think I'm going to leave it on." Right away I knew I had to be friends with this girl. We ended up both having to sit in the front row, and both were the troublemakers of the class. We became best friends. Andrea and I knew everything about each other. We went over each other's houses every single day. Always were in the same classes, and now that we are starting freshman year, we are going to the same school. I went to all of Andrea's basketball games. I knew when she got in fights with her parents. I was there when she got her period (that's a crazy one). I've seen her during her worst times, and her best times. We know everything about each other, except for one thing that she doesn't know about me. I've secretly been in love with her.
*fast forward to day before the first day of school*
"Hayes is this outfit good?" Andrea was at my house, and we were getting ready for the first day of school. She was wearing her hair in French braids, and she was wearing an adidas jacket, adidas sweatpants, and Stan Smiths. She looked stunning.
"Yeah it's good. Who ya trying to impress," I asked smirking. I was trying to find out if Andrea liked anyone, because I'm planning to ask her out on a date. The thing is, Andrea was NEVER the type to obsess over boys. She was always so laid back. She was friends with boys and girls, but NEVER had any crushes or boyfriends.
"I don't know, maybe there's some hotties going to Clayton High," Drea said smirking. She was so dang cute.
"Yeah, you're looking at one of them," I said back.
"In your dreams Grier."
Andrea POV
I'm really nervous for this school year. I don't know why, but I've changed this summer. Sure, I'm still the same laid back, basketball playing, sarcastic girl everyone knows, but something is different. I'm starting to want to change some things. I want to see what it's like to have a boyfriend, and love someone and things like that. I really don't know why. Knowing me, it wouldn't really work out, but I just want to experience it. My friends Lana and Mary have had boyfriends, and it makes them more calm, and they sound so happy when they are in love. The thing is, I don't know if anyone would ever love me like that.