Shower Thoughts

James was sitting at his computer, and he was looking at the screen, but he wasn’t seeing anything. He wasn’t thinking, either. Just savoring the lingering feeling of Aleks’s rough hands and gentle lips.

            He heard the door creak, and swiveled around to give Aleks a grin—only to see Dan standing in the doorframe, eyebrows raised a notch.

            “Someone’s happy today,” Dan noted. James tried to casually fade his smile down to normal standards.

            “Yeah, uh, just checked and one of my videos has a shit ton of views, so that’s pretty awesome.” He rattled off, hoping Dan would believe the crappy lie.

            “One of the Battleblock ones?” His friend asked, walking over to lean on the headboard where minutes before James and Aleks had been—no, don’t think about that with someone else in the room. Especially when he looked like he meant to stay and make conversation.

            “Uh, yeah. The finale. Lots of likes, too.” James glanced all around the room, searching for something, anything, to get Dan out. He needed more time to think, to absorb every amazing minute of what he and Aleks had done.

            Besides, he still had a hell of a boner, and that definitely wasn’t from his videos.

            “You and Aleks have pretty good chemistry, huh?” Dan smiled at him. Damn, if only he knew…! The way they touched each other—

            No, James told himself firmly. That will not help your little problem down below.

            Dan was still waiting for an answer, he realized. “Yeah, I guess we make a good team.”

            Dan’s eyes went out the door to footsteps in the hallway, and his eyebrows raised again as Aleks cautiously walked into the room with extra clothes bundled in his arms, looking from James to Dan and back.

            Dan looked at the clothes Aleks was holding, then at James. “Uh…”

            “He’s using my shower,” James said quickly. “He stinks like someone took a massive shit and it’d be cruel to everyone around to let him go all the way back to his apartment like that.”

            Aleks nodded mutely with an innocent puppy dog-like expression that was beyond adorable—did he really just think something so gay? I guess it is gay, he thought, literally. Still, ’adorable’ is for puppies and kittens and unicorns. Not Aleks.

            Dan looked between them a few more times, then shrugged. “Alright, whatever messed up logic you guys use. So James, you up for a Thor 2 movie night?”

            Aleks cautiously walked into the bathroom connected to James’s room as Dan spoke and closed the door. James’s eyes wanted to linger on the spot where he’d disappeared into, but he wrenched them over to Dan in a façade of interest.

            “Yeah, you know me, always up for a movie.”

            “Good, so I was thinking we use your Chip wig on Jordan as Thor, since he’s Thor in your Asgard series and he’s also the tallest…”

            James’s mind wandered to the familiar bathroom which now held an unfamiliar body. He hadn’t heard the water yet, how long did it take Aleks to take off his clothes? Maybe he was just taking his time. James imagine long, pale fingers slowly sliding off jeans…nonchalantly pulling off his T-shirt…he bit his lip and realized Dan was still talking, and his little problem had become a much bigger problem.

            “Yeah, sounds great,” He said curtly as Dan finally trailed off. Dan, friendly, nice Dan, who was too considerate for his own good, cocked his head sideways as the water finally started in the bathroom.

            “Are you okay, James? You’re acting a bit strange…” The man shrugged. “Tired, I suppose. I was up late last night.”

            “Is that a…bruise…?” Dan questioned, peering at the purpling mark just barely visible as James’s shirt shifted with his shoulder movement.

            Crap. Crap. Crap.

            “It’s nothing—“

            “C’mon, James, if something happened—“

            “I said it’s nothing!” James hadn’t meant to snap at his friend, but why did he have to be so worried for him? That wasn’t fair either, though…normally the care his friends showed him really made him feel important and happy, but the timing was just terrible today.

            “Look, I’m super tired, okay? And I haven’t eaten in a couple of hours. I’m gonna go get some food and stuff. We can talk about movie night and shit later, alright?” James pushed past Dan, ignored intruding thoughts of Aleks in his shower, using his soap, and stomped down the stairs.

 AN: I know many of you were asking for some dirty stuff in the shower, but I can't indulge you too much, can I? :P Sorry about not updating last week, but I just had so much crap to get done that it would have been not even half-assed (quarter-assed? Is that a thing?) and the last sacrifice I want to make on this story is quality. Hopefully it won't happen again! I feel like this chapter is a little short. Hmm. I'll try to make the next one longer.

For updates, go to the ’50 Shades of James’ tag on tumblr (you don’t need an account!). To talk to me or to send fanart, you can message me on here, email me at Therealsabertoothtigress@gmail.com, or message me on my tumblr, captainthief.tumblr.com. For a compilation of updates, fanart, and milestones, go to captainthief.tumble.com/50. On tumblr, I follow every person who’s read this story and reply to pretty much everything I get asked (unless my inbox eats it). Thanks again for reading!