Chapter 4: The expected

The day was endless, The Beatles spent it hugging and reminiscing about the old days.

"Remember in Hamberg, Paulie?" George said

"Yeah"

"Remember setting fire to that condom", he giggled

"And when you slept with a hooker, George", John said

George flushed red and the others laughed. Suddenly they all felt a crunching noise and the whole room moving. "What was that?" Ringo stood up quickly.

John sighed, "What do you think it was?"

"Oh crap, it's happening", George panicked, all of them were standing up in fear.

"Keep calm, lads, let's get upstairs"

When they opened the door to their cabin, lot's of people were rushing around

"What was that?" a woman was asking frantically to her husband

"I'm sure it was nothing, dear, go back to bed, I'll go upstairs and check"

The Beatles followed the exit signs to the stairs, pushing past lot's of people on the way. They reached a gate where about 20 people were standing.

"Aye, why is everyone stopped?" John asked

"The gates locked", an eldery man said gently

John grimaced and turned to the others, "there's got to be another way", he tried to sound hopeful. They followed  the halls down to another gate where there were still other people waiting nervously.

"Crap", Paul breathed, there were people on the other side of the gate, people in uniform. John rushed up to the front and rattled the gate.

"Open this door", he spat at the man

"No can do sir" the man said, wiggling the keys around his finger

"C'mon give us a chance to live, mister!" Ringo shouted, also rattling the gate,

"Step away from the gate, sir", he said angrily.

"No!" Paul shouted, joining Ringo and John at the gate and shaking It violently too.

"Okay, stop it! That's white star line property!" The man shouted, searching the keys quickly for the correct one. He opened it and The Beatles pushed past, followed by the hundreds of other 3rd class passengers.

"This way", Paul pointed, and they continued down the halls. They reached a lift with a poshly dressed man standing in it, they must have reached 1st class. "Top deck"

"Lifts are out of service", the man said calmly, "Stairs are available", he pointed the way they had came. George groaned loudly and they all turned back. There were even more people now, they were being pushed into people and it was chaos, worse than beatlemania. Suddenly, John realised Paul wasn't by his side.

"Paul! MACCA! MACCA!" He shouted, desperately looking around for his friend, but nothearing any reply over the talking of the people. Ringo turned to John

"Come on John! Hurry up!" he shouted

"I've lost Paul!" Ringo grabbed John's arm and pulled him along, "Stop! Stop!"

Finally, they lost the crowds when they were up the stairs, they stopped for breath.

"Aye, where's Paulie?" George asked, noticing their bass player was missing

"I-I lost him", John stuttered, "In the crowds. I have to go back" he turned to go down the stairs.

"No John!" George shouted, "You can't go down there!"

"It's my best mate, George", John gritted his teeth

"George's right, John. You might never come back if you go down there"

"I don't care", John rushed down the stairs, pushing through angry people but he didn't care, he just had Paul on his mind. Once he was downstairs, there were still some people around. "Paul! PAUL!" he kept shouting till his voice was hoarse. John's heart stopped when he felt something wet under his feet, he looked down and he saw that water was trickling into the hall. "Shit... PAUL!"

"John?" John had never been happier to hear Paul's voice, "I'm here!" Paul ran out and embraced John.

"Holy shit Macca, you scared me", John hugged Paul tight, "Let's get outta here", he guestered towards the water. They raced up the stairs to meet a relieved George and Ringo.

"Y'alright Paul?" Ringo let out a sigh of relief.
"Yeah, got lost, thas all"

"Better hurry up lads, the water's downstairs", John said nervously. They nodded and went up another few flights of stairs until they were on deck. The sight was shocking.