Chapter 2: We're in 1912!?

"Sir, sir!", George called out, chasing the first person he saw down the hallway until he stopped, "What's going on? What year is it?"

The man shook his head confused and mumbled something in a strange language.

"Oh", George nodded. He turned to the others, "Maybe this is a reinactment?"

"Who would want to re-enact a ship sinking?" Paul said, "Let's see if we can find Eppy, Mal or Neil, or at least someone who speaks English"

After searching the lower decks of the ship, the four of them made their way up to a very posh looking section. "This ain't half bad is it Paulie?" John sniggered looking at Paul's impressed face. They were stopped by a tall man in uniform.

"Sorry gentleman, you're not aloud here", he said sternly without much respect

"Do you even know who you're talking to?" John asked angrily, Paul pinched him in the side.

"You hold a third class ticket, you belong downstairs", he said crossing his arms.

John gave the man one last glare then turned to go downstairs.

"Wait, sir, can we ask you something?" Ringo said, making the others stop in their tracks

"Yes?"

"What year is this?"

"Very funny young man", he turned away and went into the posh dining room.

"Wait!" Ringo shouted, putting his hand on the mans' shoulder, "Please sir, just tell us"

The man sighed, "1912" and left.

The Beatles shared terrified looks, they were on-board a ship that would sink in a few days. There was no way off, they were in the middle of the Atlantic ocean, doomed.

*************

"Well, we know the ships' going down, let's just get to a lifeboat straight away", John suggested, while they were sitting uncomfortably in their small cabin.

"That won't work. It's women and children first AND we're third class. We have near to no chance of survival", Ringo groaned.

"Let's tell someone that the ship is going to sink, tell them we're from the future", John shrugged

"But you're not supposed to change history are you?" Paul asked

"Would you prefer to die, Paul?" John asked

"Let's do it then", Paul stood up and left followed by the other three.

They took the long stairs and then the lift up to the top deck. The view was stunning, nothing but ocean, a gentle breeze caressed their faces but they couldn't think about the beauty; they had more important things to think about. "Over there", George pointed to a man with grey hair, a beard in uniform, "That's the captain". They made their way over to him and he greeted them warmly.

"Hello gentleman", he said

"Hello sir", Paul started, "We have to tell you something"

"Oh yes?"

"T-the ship is going to sink"

The Captain laughed, "My son, God himself could not sink this ship!"

"Listen to him, mister, it's the truth", George said desperately

"We know it, we can't explain but we do! You have to turn around or thousands of people will die!"

A middle aged man turned up behind the captain, "What's this about turning around?" he said snobbishly

"The ship will sink, we know!" Ringo said

"Don't be ridiculous. ANyway, we're on our way to make a world record Mr Smith", he showed the Captain a piece of paper.
"Brilliant Mr Ismay, thankyou", the man left, "I assure you men, this ship is very safe and their is no chance of her sinking"

"But-" Ringo started but was interrupted by another man.

"Mr Captain Smith, iceberg warnings, sir", he said in a cockney accent handing a piece of paper to the captain.

"Thankyou"

The Beatles shared worried looks, they knew they were doomed.