Chapter 3: Warnings

"So, what do we do now?" Ringo said collapsing onto his bed.

"Can't do anything, can we?" George groaned, joining him. The Beatles sat together in their cramped space, sharing feelings of dread.

"Well, we know what's going to happen, we're just going to have to... try and survive", John tried to sound confident, hiding his growing feeling of impending doom. They sat in silence for a while; John was feeling closer and closer to tears, "s'cuse me" he said, getting up and leaving.

The others exchanged glances, "I'll talk to him", Paul said, following John out the room. He found John on top deck, looking over at the sea, the sun was setting over the wide ocean, glistening. Paul stood next to John, John didn't look at him in the eyes, he kept staring out.

"We'll be in there tomorrow", he whispered

"... I know", Paul stammered. John turned to his old friend.

"If...if we-we die, I just wanted to say... I'll miss you Macca, you're my best mate", he choked. Paul felt tears prick his eyes.

"You're mine too, Johnny", they joined eyes, John leaned forwards towards Paul and hugged him tight. Paul felt shivers go down his spine, the tears were rolling down both mens' cheeks. John pulled away at last and sniggered.

"Look at us queers", he sniffed, Paul laughed. They both looked out over the ocean, the sun had set even more during their talk. "s'beautiful isn't it?"

"Yeah", John breathed.

***************************

The 4 men didn't sleep that night, they knew it could well be their last night and they couldn't stop thinking about it. In the total darkness there was no noise: no gentle breathing, no loud snoring from Ringo, nothing. George broke the silence

"We all awake?" They all muttered yesses. George turned on a candle and got off the top bunk to join Ringo down below. John came down from the top bunk of his bed to sit next to Paul. George let out a loud sigh. "This is shit"

"Yeah", Ringo agreed

"...I'm scared", Paul said quietly

"Same"

There was silence.

"Close you're eyes and I'll kiss you"... John started singing

"Tomorrow I'll miss you", Paul joined in

"Remember I'll always be true", Ringo and George followed suit.

Short but it gets dramatic next chapter :O