♡ Prompt 1 ♡

For the first prompt, you will need to read the following text and compose a complete ending for it. Your submission should be less than 2,000 words. Remember to work together, share ideas, and split up the work evenly. If you are unfamiliar with Google Docs, there is a chat option on the side that will allow you to talk and share ideas!

Marie felt the brisk, Autumn air slap her juvenile, pink cheeks, indicating that she no longer belonged in the outdoors. The wind whispered in her ears to run back inside to her parents and her cat, Adam, but Marie refused. Her brown fur boots continued to trudge along the city sidewalk until she came across the park that was practically empty.

No kids played on the swingset, no adults stood near the sidewalk smoking. Everything seemed so still and broken, like the day. Her heart filled with dread as she remembered the phone call from this morning.

She had been sitting in the middle of her bedroom with a surplus of dolls piled next to her. Marie's favorite doll dressed in a ravishing pink gown was clutched tightly in her hand as her mother walked in.

"Marie, can you help me downstairs?" her mother requested, referring to the almost finished dinner that sat on the stove.

"I am eight years old," Marie replied stubbornly. "I'm supposed to play, not work."

"You aren't working, you are helping, now let's go!" her mother shouted, not appreciating the attitude. It was probably just something that she had picked up from the girls at school.

Marie let out a disgruntled groan and stomped her feet all the way down into the kitchen. She folded her arms and tapped her foot on the floor, waiting for instructions.

"Marie, do not act that way with me!" her mother continued yelling, but was interrupted the telephone ringing.

Marie's grandmother was dead.

It seemed like the world had stopped, though everything was spinning.

Marie ran out of her house and as far as her little legs could take her. Now, she stood staring into the empty park, awaiting reassurance.