The way we were

I remember thinking about you sometimes.

It was mainly when I started to think about my life and what it meant.

We were there together often, sitting solemn and bored.

I'd begin to worry where I'd end up, was I really saved or was it just something I had forced into my head because I'd always been told I was.

What did it mean? What did being saved actually mean? What did I need to know to have assurance in my salvation?

The way we were was simple, or maybe it was only simple because the way we were was the way I was and it had nothing to do with you.

They way we were revolved around me and pleasing myself. The way were were was me being in control.

The way we were wasn't all that it was cracked up to be.

The way we are is where I want to be because it's not all about me.

Though sometimes I choose to make it like the way we were, at least this time around I can change when I see it or its revealed to me.

The way we were was shallow and deceiving. It was an empty way of life. It was a life chained to sin the whole time you were reaching out to me.

The way we were was really always me because you are unchanging and perfect. So I guess I should be saying the way I was, the time I thought it was the way we were.

The way I am is the way we are because I'm one with you.

I'm inside your body, your my head. What a privilege to be one with the true and everlasting King.

It's sickening, it's sad that at times I'm ungrateful. It reminds me of the way I was and the thought causes a spasm in me.

The way I was is never who I ever want to be again. Even if I was to turn back I'd never be the way I was because the truth was made known to me. I'd be ten times worse than I was

In the end, the conclusion of the matter is: I want you to stay my first and last love for all eternity.