Hospital

I woke with monitors beeping and a feeling of sickness. I called the nurse and she got me a bucket. She told me I would be out in a few days. I asked her simple questions which she all answered calmly, she had been expecting them because Im a cop. I had been shot from behind, taking a bullet to the shoulder. She said I was a lucky person but I didn't really care, the fact that I had been shot from behind makes Angel innocent, she didn't shoot me. I have nothing on her, I could probably look into her files once I get back into the office. The lady was talking in a low breath, I didn't feel any panic, that's probably because I was trained for these kind of situations. I took a deep breath and said "what happened after I was shot?" "someone called the ambulance and told the police about the drug dealers, when medical staff got there though, all they saw were the crates that carried the drugs, some guns and blood. They saw you laying on the ground, lifeless, and brought you to the hospital, performed an operation and then waited for your arousal."

Toby... Kings...

I asked if I could have my bag, she said it had been confiscated by the chief policeman. I was getting angry, no bag means no computer. I asked if I could perhaps leave earlier than I had originally planned to, she started shaking her head and telling me that I was to stay in bed and not leave under any circumstance. Now I was pissed and asked for some time by myself, she nodded and put on the TV before leaving. I wasn't really watching the TV, I was thinking about what Angel had said, is Kings dead? Did Raven shoot him? Where was Toby? 

I was getting restless when I looked up at the TV to see Toby on the screen. "Toby!" I shouted, happy he was safe. the news woman started asking him questions. 

"So what happened here officer?" "I was trying to find a wanted criminal." "did they escape." Toby rolled his eyes and said "Obviously." His eyes looked red, as if he had been crying, did he know about his dad? I was biting my nails as the camera showed two cars, one burning and the other was heavily bashed up. I heard the news woman ask what happened and Toby, who looked like he was gonna burst into tears any moment, excused himself. the news woman nodded her head and then grinned awkwardly at the camera.

I wanted to be there for Toby, hug him, make him smile, letting him confide his secrets to me. My heart ached at the sight of Toby's face. He looked so sad, and a bit dirty. I wanted him to be besides me, his hand clenching around mine! I didn't even realize that the news woman had started talking again, about my drug catch. I looked away now, where was Toby? Still at the crime scene, was he a suspect. I could help him through it if he was a suspect because he did the same for me when I was accused of all those horrible things my dad did. I felt like sobbing but also carefully handling Toby and the new situation that had popped up. Why was everything so complicated in life? Why was everything seemingly connected to me? I dont even mean that in an egotistical way. Im just stating facts. Stupid facts.

Outside it had started snowing, it came down heavy and slushy, making walking a pain. I could see all the snowflakes that stuck to the window. I heaved a sigh and called my nurse, my appetite was back. 

Few foods in the world absolutely suck, Airplane food, soggy food and hospital food. I almost threw up again while I inhaled my food at the same time. I was hungry and damnit I was going to eat it all even if it gave me cramps later on. The nurse chattered on and on about certain things, I wasn't really listening though. I would glance out of the window every few seconds, hoping to see Toby trudging through the snow. l always ended up disappointed though. Soon enough I had stopped trying. 

The nurse had finally left, changing the channel to some cartoons. I love Loony tunes but this is to much. 

I didn't sleep well, the cot was uncomfortable and the nurse was annoying. Someone was crying the whole night and it was incredibly hard not to yell at everyone to shut the hell up. I could hear the kids sniveling and I knew it would be unkind but I had been through a lot and was cranky. Can you blame me?

I was taking my first piece of breakfast when Toby burst through the door, hair snowy and eyes still red. "Toby!" I gasped and held my arms out to hug him, I didn't want to see his tears. "Hope! I'm so happy!" he crushed me by hugging me, "Relax, it's nothing." Toby may have felt the awkward situation but he was instantly silent.