Talking

Okay this isn't intended to upset anyone but this looks more into the reasons why she was unhappy at school, as she confides in her mum about what's worrying her. But it contains adult themes so be warned, also it's very long I got carried away 😊

"Grace enough enough" Jacob held up is hands in surrender as Grace out down the water gun and went to lay next to her mother.
"She watched her mum sunbathing a wave of sadness drifted over her.
She fidgeted awquardly trying to get get comfortable and failing, until her mum sat up.
"Everything ok?" She asked again for the second time today. She had had a feeling Grace had wanted to talk to her for days but she never seemed to want to open up, and she hasn't been one to push it. She assumed after this morning it was about this boyfriend or boy that was a friend but now she wasn't entirely sure.

"Talk to me" she asked watching as Graces eyes fell to her body, almost inspecting it.
"It's nothing" she sighed.
"We don't have to talk, but you must be boiling come and sunbathe with me" she smiled at her, trying to get her to confess what was worrying her.
"I... I'm not sure, no I'm ok " she said hesitantly.

"Grace darling is this about what you told me this morning, or is it about you being worried about the scars" she asked softly lovingly, with every ounce of gentleness she held.
"Both" she spoke quietly, looking up at Jacob.
Connie gave him a look and suddenly he strod up to them, "right I'll go get some icecream, I'll be back" he grinned and dissapeared.

She smiled " Mum You know you don't have to dismiss him every time we chat".
"I do if it makes you feel more comfortable talking to me" she smiled warmly.
"So tell me" she asked again. "Tell me his name" she grinned seeing her daughter light up.
"James, he's in the year above" she stopped watching her mums grin fade a little.
"He loves cricket and horse riding, we met at the stables actually and well we've been officially a couple for about two weeks, I really like him mum. Really like him" she grinned at the thought of him.
"He sounds nice so what's worrying you?" She asked moving closer.
"He doesn't know" she said beginning to fidget again,
"About the harming yourself?" She asked gently.
Grace nodded, "well he's been funny since we...." She wasn't sure how to put this. But there wasn't really anyone else she's trust to confide in so she didn't have much choice if she wanted to talk about it.

"Since You what? " Connie asked the bile burining as it rose in her throat.
"We haven't gone all the way, so you can stop with the panicked look .We were just messing around sort of thing, and well I panicked because ..." The tears fell she couldn't stop them.

"Look at me mum, I look like Frankenstein, she lifted her jumper over her head. He won't want to be with me when he sees these, I'm so ugly and horrible and I hate myself for it.
He text me wanting to go to Amy's tonight and I'm scared to go, because I don't know how to tell him, how to explain. I see you and Jacob and how happy he makes you, and James makes me happy but I can't relax because I have this huge secret.
And the more Im stressing about it,.. This is going to sound so pathetic and stupid. But the more I think about it the more more I worry about what he will say about the scars. The more I want to make new ones, what's the point of not doing it anymore if the damage is already done.
I can't even lie in the garden and sunbathe with you without the worry of you and Jacob looking at them". The sobs racked her body as she fell into her mums lap in a heap.

"Oh Grace sweetheart" she stroked her head waiting for her breathing to slow and the sobs to ebb.
"You listen to me, firstly thank you for trusting me to tell me, I've known something was bothering you. Now you are no way ugly or horrid you are a beautiful, kind, wonderful young lady. So don't you ever let other people make you think otherwise, beauty isn't only skin deep".
She traced her hand over the scars on her daughters arm, "every bit of you is beautiful your scars included" she smiled reassuringly honestly.
"Now James sounds like a lovely young lad, if he likes you the way you like him I'm sure he wouldn't even mention the scars sweetheart. He wouldn't care, but it's a new school a new start so I can understand you being anxious about it.
But can I ask you this ...have you never taken your jumper off?".
Grace thought about it "well maybe once or twice to change or something".