~1. Never in Forever~

The love that last the longest is the love that is never returned
-William Maugham

•••Neru's POV•••

"Miss Akita! Can you please pay attention!"

I jolted my body straight, accidentally hitting sensai in the face. I gasped, just realising what I just did, feeling the pain sting my knuckles.

"I'm so sorry!"

Everyone laughed at Mrs Lyric and she immediately shot them a glare. She stomped back to the front of the classroom and snapped her favourite ruler in half. Everyone gasped at the sight and almost flinched when Mrs Lyric stayed quiet for a long 6 minutes.

"Office. Miss Akita. Now," she instructed, trying to control an outburst.

I nodded and slowly stood up, exiting the classroom with every pair of eyes concentrated on me.

Chill hit my bare skin as I entered the halls. Everyone was in class while I was going to receive a big lecture from the professor.

When I reached the office I softly knocked.

"Excuse me?"

I peeked my head inside and met complete darkness. The blinds were closed and only showed little sunlight. I could only spot dark shapes inside but I've been here many times to recognise the objects.

Suddenly, the lights turned in a flash and it blinded me by surprise.

"Come in Miss Akita," said the cold Professor's voice.

After adjusting to the light I walked in, still covering my eyes from the bright glow around me.

I could spot someone sitting on the vacant chair opposite to the Professor's seat. I couldn't recognise the back of his body but his blonde hair is so familiar.

Before I sat down, the mysterious figure turned its head and I almost fainted from the discovery.

"Hi, Neru," he said.

I stepped back, bumping into a shelf, causing the books on it to fall on me. From the sudden pressure I fell to the ground. I rubbed my head in pain but was soon offered a hand by at the moment seemed like a prince.

Just when I was about to accept his hand in awe, a flash of a hurtful memory flashed in my head and I immediately slapped it away.

I stood up, cleaning myself and shuffling uncomfortably.

"W-Why are you here?"

"He's a transfer," said the Professor.

Len nodded and looked at me with his gorgeous, shimmering blue eyes. He lightly smiled but I immediately turned away to avoid blushing.

I took a spare seat next to where Len sat and waited for the Professor to break the tension.

"You know how you have a single dorm, Neru?"