Chapter 34

March 15, 2017

Alex POV

I woke up in a somewhat familiar room. I mean last time I was in a room like this I ate fish.

I looked around and saw Simon, Vikk, and Ethan sleeping. And just like last time i didnt disrupt them.

But then I remembered why I was here. The fire. Josh saving my life. Passing out.

"Vikk. Vikk. Vikk." I called out shaking him. He was asleep on a chair with his head on my hospital bed.

"Hmm? ALEX!" he yelled waking up and hugging me. That caused Simon and Ethan to wake up and hug me as well.

"How long was I out? Is Dad okay? What happened to the house?" I asked. The guys let go of me and just stared at me with sorrow.

"You were out for 2 days." Ethan answered the first question.

"The house got completely destroyed, not much left." Simon answered.

"Josh..... Josh is in a coma." Vikk said sadly.

"No. No. No. Where's dad?! Let me see him!" I said starting to get up. The guys quickly went over to me and put me back on the bed.

"You're not allowed to get up. Not until the doctor checks you up." Simon said. And speak of the devil. A doctor came in and started to do some tests to make sure I was fine. The guys left to tell the others who were in Josh's room. Vikk stayed though. He's in charge of me until Josh wakes up.

"Alright. She's fine and well. You can leave now. There will be a nurse here to unhook you from the machines. Youre body still isnt that strong, so you might be sleeping for most of today. If anything odd happens like dizziness or bad headaches then come back. Other wise, everythings ok." The doctor said.

"Thank you." Vikk said as the doctor left the room. A nurse came in a minute later and removed me from the machines. Vikk handed me some clothes the bought for me since my old ones burned and left so I can change.

Once I was changed I went out and saw Vikk there waiting for me. Then we left to go see dad.

"Alex!" everyone yelled besides, Simon and Ethan, and hugged me.

"Hey guys." I said softly with a weak smile. They let go of me and stared at me with sympathy.

I just walked my way over to Josh's bed. I saw him hooked up to all the machines with breathing tubes in his nose. It made me cry a little.

"im sorry Dad." I whispered as I broke down in tears. I felt someone pick me up and place me next to him on the bed.

I lied there crying into his chest like he was awake.

"God dammit. God dammit. Why didnt I just get out of the stupid attic." I asked no one in particular crying harder.

Simon POV

It was so sad watching Alex cry into Josh.

"God dammit. God dammit. Why didnt I just get out of the stupid attic." I heard her ask no one.

"Its terrible. She cant stay here with him. She'll be to broken." I heard Ethan whisper to JJ. He nodded in agreement and went over to her.

He put his arms under her and was about to lift her up when he got stopped.

Josh turned over and put his arms around her like he was protecting her from everyone. Like he didnt want Alex to leave. But Josh wasnt awake.

We all gasped. This was the first time he moved since he got here.