Laura Mathews

" So what are we doing today ? " Michael asked as we all crowded around the island eating breakfast.

" I wanna go to the park. " Nico exclaimed as he stuffed his face with pancakes that he and Lucy made along with Laura's help.

Laura looked around skeptical. She was uncomfortable I could tell. I mean who wouldn't be if you found out you were being hunted and had to stay with strangers for the time being.

" What do you want to do Laura ? " I asked and everyone looked at her.

" Uhh...I don't know I would be at work right now but I guess I'm no longer going ? " She said more like a question. The next thing I know she's in tears.

" Shh. It's going to be okay. " Michael said patting her shoulder.

" Laura what's wrong ? " Lucy asked wide eyed.

" It's just...this is so overwhelming. And you killing those men keeps running through my mind. " She sniffed as Lucy reached over to hug her.

" I know it's a overwhelming but you need safety and your not going to get it from going to work as back to your apartment. These men are trying to hurt you Laura and all we want is stop that. " Michael said and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. When did he become so affectionate ?

" But why are they after us ? " She asked looking up at him.

" Nico go and get ready to go to the park. " I said knowing that the boy shouldn't be hearing all of this. He looked up from his tablet that he had been playing on while eating and smiled.

" Yess ! " He cried hopping off his stool and running out of the kitchen.

" It's your father, he betrayed Roco Santana a cartel boss and now Roco's out for blood—more specifically you and Lucy's blood. " I said and she gasped.

" You guys are in the cartel ? " She asked and Michael let out a breath.

" No we are not in some cartel...I am head or soon to be head of the most powerful mafia gang on this side of the country. " Michael said with an air of proudness and confidence.

" T-the Mafia ? Are you going to kill me if I snitch or something ? " She stuttered obviously afraid.

Michael looked up at the ceiling feigning thoughtfulness.

" Of course Fiorella, but your not going to snitch are you ? " Michael asked and she quickly shook her head.

" Don't be frightened, your Lucy's sister which means your apart of the family now. " Michael stated.

" If I wasn't Lucy's sister ? " Laura questioned.

" I wouldn't care to help you if you weren't her sister, I'm just being truthful. But then again we wouldn't be having this conversation because none of this would have happened. " Michael said putting his fork down and crossing his arms, I'd finished eating before everyone.

Laura looked at me. " What are you then if he's the boss ? " She asked.

" I'm just the bosses brother. But I have my own business and franchise. I am owner and CEO of D'Amico hotels and restaurants. " I said with a smile.

" You own them ? I thought I recognized that name. Wow. Me and my family always stayed at a D'Amico hotel when we vacationed, my dad always loved the themes and designs they had and the fact that they were exclusive. " Laura said smiling back at me.

" Oh you come from money ? " Michael asked satisfying the question I was just about to ask—well I would have phrased it better but whatever. She glanced around the island at us before speaking.