The Red dress

I walked straight into his office with my head held high. He was at his desk looking over paper work. He glanced up at me and paused in his work.

" Reschedule the meeting for next month. " He looked back at his papers. What ? Does that mean I'm fired or not ?  

" Am I fired or not ? " I asked, cause if so then I'm not rescheduling anything.

" Do you want to be fired ? " He asked looking up at me. His voice was hard and low telling me he was still very much angry about what happened downstairs.

" No. " I answered.

" Then don't walk around my office flirting with other people !! " He growled by now he had threw down the pen he had in his hand and with it he ran it threw his hair making it messy.

" Sir I promise you I wasn't flirting with Emmet. If you would stop yelling at me you'd see that I'm not that kind of girl. I was just talking to him, this is the first job where I didn't have to slave for hours with no one to talk to. So yes I talked to him and lost track of time to find the printer but if you would have given me actual directions instead of telling me it was on the ' Eighteenth floor ' Then I would have found it a lot faster. " I rambled off on some tangent.

Damn it he just said I wasn't fired—I think and here I go again with my mouth probably truly getting me fired. I let out a breath that I was holding. I was rambling off so bad that I didn't even see him get out of his chair.

" I don't take kindly to disrespect Ms. Mathews. " He stalked over to me which in turn caused me to back against the wall.

" Yeah well you don't show me any respect so..." I trailed off as my back hit the wall and his face was centimeters from mine.

" Are you afraid of me Ms. Mathews ? " He asked his minted breath fanning on my cheeks.

" N-no. " I stammered louder than I intended and more confident than I felt inside.

" Do you know what I hate more than disrespect ? " He questioned and when I didn't respond he answered himself. " Liars, I hate liars more than I hate being disrespected. " He whispered in my ear.

" Well that's a tragic thing to hear but I'm not lying Mr. D'Amico. " I answered confidently which took him by surprise. He backed away and pinched the bridge of his nose. He sighed looking me over.

" Call me Mateo, Lucy. " He muttered, the sound of my name coming through his lips sent little shivers down my back and stomach.

" You need to go shopping and I need a new suit for the gala next week. Come on. " He declared grabbing his suit jacket off the back of his chair. I stood confused. I tilted my head watching him grab up his things.

" Lucy did you hear me ? Go get your shit. " He paused in his actions. I suppressed an eye roll and grabbed my bag from my office, stuffing the laptop in it as well. I paused as a thought hit me. I don't have any money really, not enough where I could afford to go shopping.

" Let's go. Cut the lights off. " He said brushing pass me and out the door. I hurried to catch up to him but the heels I was wearing restricted running so I speed walked to the elevator before it closed. The only sound in the elevator was the very annoying music. Once we reached the first floor we exited the elevator walking pass the secretary desk that the girl who insulted me sat at. She glared at me and I just smiled.

" Have a good day. " I stated to her which made Mateo raise an eyebrow at me as we walked out the doors.

" I forgot to tell you how much and when you'd be getting paid. " He mumbled getting in the car and I followed suit.