Chapter One- Does it look like its Halloween?

Dedicated to: @rinapoo33 for the amazing banner.

Listen to the song on the side:

"Only the strongest will survive

Lead me to heaven, when we die

I am the shadow on the wall!

I'll be the one to save us all"

************************************

Chapter One- Does it look like its Halloween?

Death's POV

The scythe felt wonderful in the palm of my hand. A small smile crept up my face as I remembered the fear, screams and pains of my previous victims. I craved for their pain, craved for their blood but mostly I craved for their soul. It was beautiful how one had this desperate look in one's eyes, the minute before their death; how they begged and pleaded. It was amusing to watch on the contrary.

Which brings me to my latest victim. Now what was her name again? Cathy? Kate? Why would I care?

"Hello there, pretty lady." I said in a playful tone as I approached her on the dark bridge. What? Don't give me that look, even grim reapers are raised to be gentlemen. Her eyes widened as she checked me out. She gave me a pleasant smile fluttering her eyelashes. Dumb humans, standing in front of death and yet trying to flirt. I sighed. Girls these days...what has the world come to?

"Hey there. I must say black looks wonderful on you. But is it Halloween today?" She furrowed her brows as she gestured towards my black cloak and scythe.

"No offence or anything but did your mother drop you a lot when you were a baby?" I asked her.

"Huh?" She asked dumbly. Stupid human. She didn't even realize I was following her since she left her apartment

"Does it look like its Halloween?" I asked in a bored cold voice.

"No-I-." She stuttered in a scared voice. "Who ar-are you? What do you want?" She asked finally realising she should be terrified.

"Always the same questions," I replied as I rolled my scythe between my fingers.

"Stay away from me. I'm calling the cops." Her eyes widened as she started backing away.

I laughed loudly. "Oh, you amuse me human," I said in a menacing voice. Did she really think that she had a chance against me? Against the angel of death?

"What do you mean human? What are you?"

"Stupid naive girl," I said harshly. "You still don't realise what I am?" I paused, taking a deep breath so I don't scream out in frustration. She looked at me dumbly. I groaned. "Oh Lucifer!" I looked at the sky for help. "Really? I am death! Freaking death! I kill. I take souls for a living. Capiche?"

"You..you look-"

"Drop dead gorgeous?" I asked as I finally showed my face. I tilted my head to see her reaction.

She gasped. "Oh...god."

"No, death. How many times do I have to correct you humans?" I sighed dramatically as I took a step forward.

"I-you-I-" I cut her off with a motion of my hand.

"Enough, human. I'm getting tired of you. Go." She looked stunned for a moment. I rolled my eyes. Well this is a slow one. "Run. Why don't I give you a head start?" I smirked. "It's not like you're gonna win anyways," I added later on under my breath.

And then she ran. She ran like her life depended on it. Well, obviously.

I stood there with an amused expression on my face. But as everyone else she made the mistake of looking back and tripped on her feet.

She cowered in fear as I took long strides towards her.

"Kitten, kitten, kitten, my little kitten," I breathed in her ear. She shivered.

"You think you can escape me?Nobody escapes death, dearie." And it was true. I'll strike when you least expect it. And once I want you, there's no escaping from my watchful eyes.

"Please, please don't kill me. I will do anything," she begged desperately.

Right there and then, the fear in her eyes, the desperation in her voice filled me with absolute bliss.

I heard the distant sound of a car coming in our way. So I played along with her as I planned out exactly what I wanted to do.

"Okay," I said after a pause. She sighed with relief. I continued. "Okay, I'll try to make this quick but my scythe can't promise anything doll, it has a mind of its own." I said quickly as I grabbed her by the coat and threw her roughly across the road just as the car came.

"Oops." I shrugged as I heard an agonising scream followed by a loud crash.

That must've hurt.

The driver in the car who was a man in his late thirties, looked at the scene flabbergasted. It was obvious that he couldn't see me. I motioned for him with a hand to fall asleep as I approached the girl who was at least five feet away from the car.

I shook my head mockingly as I crouched down to look at the bloody mess in front of me.

I took her wrist in my hand as I took my scythe out and was about to cut into her wrist, she gasped out:

"Why me?"

Wait. She's still alive? She must be a fighter but doesn't matter she is gonna end up dead soon. I smiled internally.

I paused. Scythe in mid air as I pretended to think for a moment.

I took out my Journal of Demise and cleared my throat out loudly.

"Hmm, lets see here. Catherine Richards. Height 5'8", weight 110 pounds, age twenty-four. 2006, New Orleans, precisely midnight, just like this one, there was a car crash consisting of five very sober teenagers. Only one survived. The driver. Can you take a wild guess who that was?" Catherine trembled.

"It wasn't my fault." She whispered. I raised an eyebrow. She continued "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to kill them"

" Oh really thats what they all say. I'm sorry too darling." I said as I slashed her wrist, allowing her soul to travel into my scythe.

I sighed in content.

I stood up and chuckled. "I should be an actor."

Feeling eyes on me, I turned around and thirty feet away from the car, stood a creature with a white halo surrounding it. It lit up the dark soulless night quite literally. It stared at me with watchful eyes.

"Well hello there, Fate." I whispered as the white halo started disappearing into thin air.

"It was nice to see you again too!" I said loudly.

As I disappeared in the dark night I thought I heard a faint trail of laughter.

*********************************************************

Hey Lovelies!

So what do you think?

VOMMENT!!

(Vote & Comment?)

Silent readers please tell us what you think and if you like it then please vote, and even if you don't then please comment and give us your opinion. We worked really, really, really hard into this. So we would really appreciate your opinion.

So please Vote, Comment and Share our story?

Pleaseee? It would mean a lot to us.

Thanks!!!

<3<3<3

-creepystalkers